Accu-Cycle Schematic/Sevice Manual

Greetings, It's a long shot but...... Anyone have access to a schematic or fsm for a first generation Accu-Cycle. Mine got fried by a line voltage spike as a result of a recent power failure.

Contacted Hobbico and the folllwing is their reply.

Thank you for your recent e-mail. >Please note that "service manuals", "schematics" or other technical >drawings are proprietary information and are not available for sale, >purchase, or loan. >Sorry, we couldn't be of more help to you. > >Sincerely, >John G. >Product Support Lead Technician

There's customer service for ya! Besides it would cost more than the unit's worth to send back to them for repair from Canada.

Note to self: Guess I won't be buying one of those ever again.

Thanks in advance, Tom Skoropad Thunder Bay ON

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

Not me.

I've had stuff repaired by friends who have a "feel" for what fries. Sometimes you can see the part that let the smoke out. Sometimes (I imagine) you can test continuity of key items (capacitors, resistors, transistors, coils).

No harm in doing a dissassembly and some soldering of components. It's not going to get any more broken than it is. ;o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Got news for ya, most electronics firms will not send a schematic of their product unless you are an authorized service center. Industrial espionage is very real and I really can't blame them.

Reply to
Black Cloud

I hear ya! But after looking inside the AccU-Cycle and seeing the technology and the quality of materials and workmanship (overpriced POS) I don't think Hobbico will have to worry at all about Industrial Espionage. Just another piece for the trash bin, and I'll be wiser next time. Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

Stick it in a box and send it to me, Tom. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

I agree, Jim. Besides, if he sends it back, they won't repair it. They'll stick in a whole new PC board. No service center replaces individual components now-a-days, unless it's a very simple diagnostic fix, like a blown resistor or fried diode bridge that's easily spottable.

I've useed Hobbico for years, and they're NOT POS. They make good devices for a resonable cost. Sounds like sour grapes t ome. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

| Got news for ya, most electronics firms will not send a schematic of their | product unless you are an authorized service center.

Certainly seems that way ...

| Industrial espionage is very real and I really can't blame them.

Oh, screw industrial espionage. These chargers are simple enough that given a few days and a willingness to destroy the charger, a guy could work out the schematic of one. Their refusal to give a schematic does nothing to prevent industrial espionage.

| > Note to self: Guess I won't be buying one of those ever again.

Alas, you probably won't be buying any chargers from anybody if you really mean it. In fact, you won't be buying many electronic items at all.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Thanks to all for the enlightening posts........ 'er sarcasm. I'll apologize for the sarcasm in my initial reply and end this thread here as it's going nowhere fast. Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Thomas & Erin Skoropad

Mr. Skoropad,

While not exactly what you are looking for, as I just did, run a searc on ebay for 'Accu-Cycle.' There are many used ones selling in th $30-$40 price range, which probably would be about what Hobby Service will charge you to repair yours. It may be quicker and easier to jus buy another one.

Respectfully,

Gar

-- GaryMC

this thread: