BH Models The Good, the bad and the Ugly!

I ordered a Chipmunk ARF on Tuesday and had it by Friday. They sock you 20 bucks for shipping (Fed Ex) but then they knock of 12 or 13 for some unknown reason (Hobby People ). Well, the Oracovering is beautiful. The balsa construction is good but the instruction manual is a laugher. Its stapled together and is mostly photos which are not too clear and with my old eyes, it will be a challenge. Most of the narrative is broken english and every other seems to be misspelled (sic?). I do not recommend this for anyone who does not have some kit building time as I see I will make some changes. The worst thing is the gas tank. They use PLASTIC feed tubes. Doubt I'll use them. I will post some more as I build it. Oh yes, BH is in Viet Nam.

Ted

Reply to
Ted

You know, I cringe when I see those plastic fuel lines myself, but, to be honest with you, I've never heard of anyone having trouble with them. Have you? Not many of them around, though, so that might explain why I haven't heard of difficulties.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I couldn't keep them connected to the carburetor and gave up on them. ... This was years ago so maybe things have changed.

Reply to
Worn out Retread