FA: Six Very Nice RC Engines on eBay

Hi Folks,

If you are interested in looking at a group of very nice RC engines take a look at what I have JUST listed on eBay:

THUNDER TIGER PRO-46 ABC R/C ENGINE -- VERY NICE

SAITO FA 30S 4-STROKE ENGINE -- ALMOST NEW
OS FS-120 SURPASS II 4-STROKE RC ENGINE with PUMP -- ALMOST NEW
OS 46 FX RC MOTOR -- SLIGHTLY USED
OS FS-70 SURPASS 4-STROKE RC ENGINE -- VERY NICE
OS FS-60 FOUR STROKE MOTOR NIB -- COLLECTOR'S ITEM
Check them out!

Bob

Reply to
Bob

As usual, shipping charge is a ripoff.

CR

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

He's asking $10 for shipping. What should he charge? He has to drive to and from a store to buy a box, packing material, tape, etc, etc. He has to drive to and from the post office, UPS, FedEx, etc.

You know up front what the shipping charge is, so you just bid based on "total cost of ownership" which makes the shipping charge immaterial.

You cannot compare a small operation or individual to a huge seller like Tower, as they get big breaks on shipping due to volume.

The company I work for has to do a lot of overnight document delivery. We are charged about $6 per overnight envelope. As an individual, I'd pay about $15 to ship the same envelope.

Reply to
Carrell

Some folks just haven't figured it out yet. Shipping is disclosed up front; not a problem.

Reply to
Will Hicks

Actual cost to destination. Easy to find out.

He has the box already, stuff a little wadded newspaper in it, tape it up, slap on the label and send it off. I've shipped several engines that way. No complaints yet.

Maybe not. FedEx will pick up, depending on the type of account he has. Anyway, he can stop on his way to or from work, no biggie.

Bull; when I fork over $10 for shipping and know it should be less, it's not immaterial.

Who said I was? He uses FedEx. I have a FedEx account. I can find out the actual charge for shipping online, no hassel. This guy uses a flat fee, I'll bet it usually comes out costing him less, so he pockets the difference.

So what? You don't know this guy doesn't get a volume discount. He has seller feedback going quite a ways back. Has lots of other stuff for sale on Ebay, too.

Hay, have you shipped your own stuff through your company's shipping department? You wouldn't be the first guy to do so.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson