Fuel Tank Video

I asked this in RCUniverse without any answers so I thought I would ask it here. A few months ago, I viewed a video on the internet showing a split screen of a fuel tank with clunk and the maneuvers the airplane was going through at the same time. It was a great illustration of what the clunk was doing during the flight. Unfortunately I lost the link. Does anyone here know the site of the video? Thanks

Reply to
goodfella

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:30:05 -0700 (PDT), goodfella wrote in :

Haven't seen or heard of it.

Did some googling. No joy.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

__________

If someone does know/find it, I hope they post it here.

That sounds like it would be a very educational video. It never occurred to me to do such a thing. I would need a diopter for my smallest all digital camcorder in order to record such video.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

"Ed Cregger" wrote

It probably would be the easiest to do on one of the "profile" birds, with the tank hanging out in the breeze, and perhaps the camera about mid span of the wing, looking over to the tank.

Reply to
Morgans

Keeping the camera on the aircraft during some serious aerobatic maneuvers (a wall for example) might be a challenge. Of course, that really is when you want a picture of the tank. Timing marks via computer to marry up the two videos? Gotta make sure the tank picture is in sync with the airframe view. Hard on the credibility if the plane is doing a vertical snap and the tank picture is level. . .

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Ed Cregger

All good points. I like profile models anyway. Must be a genetic brain disorder.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Yah, goes right along with two wings disorder.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High