How to get your airplane out of a tree

No. I fell asleep! But I was looking forward to seeing it, as the advertisements interested me. How about a re-cap?

Reply to
AAA

Update on my Aerobird Challenger... I have to say this seems to be a pretty tough plane. It still works even after being totally submersed in water. I let it dry off for a couple of days and have no problems. I flew it around today and one wing that was already weak gave in and the plane did a spiral of death from 50 feet or so and hit very hard. After taping up the fuselage and adding a support to the wing it flew with no problems. I flew it some more and got it stuck in a tree again. Used the rock on a string and got it down and flew it some more.

Maybe I'm lucky... or maybe this plane's number is up?

Reply to
James

'CLICK HERE!!!!!

-- Viper Pilo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Viper Pilot's Profile:

this thread:

Viper Pilot

We've got the real deal: a fellow who flies his airplanes and never crashes. He's also a very generous unpaid instructor and he mows the field routinely without griping.

We gave him the Crashomoseus Award last Christmas for a mid-air that wasn't his fault. We figured this was a lifetime achievement for him that deserved recognition. :o)

His name is Ron Dunlap. We can't canonize him officially until he's been dead for 25 years, but he's already a saint in my books.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I have done somewhat the same thing as the shotgun approach but used a .22 cal. pellet gun instead. That way there wasn't as much chance of collateral damage but it was harder to hit the branch. Of course it wouldn't work on very large branches, but normally it is the small branches that are snagged on the landing gear or something, that is preventing the model from sliding off of a larger branch. It is quite a different type of target practice to lay on your back, on the ground, while shooting straight up in the air. I wouldn't recommend doing it with anything more powerful. Remember that what goes up, must come down. That applies to bullets as well as airplanes.

Reply to
lenard forder