reflective tape

Anyone know where I can get that prismatic reflective tape that guys use on their thermal gliders? Either tape or stickers will work. Tried both Tower and Hobby Lobby without success. Would think Hobby Lobby would have it! TIA

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

It's actually called refractive tape. Out here on the left coast, you can get it at Tap Plastics and some of the chain auto parts stores (Kragen i.e.).

Reply to
Tom Minger

I don't have the link at my fingertips, but the best deal I found on the stuff was by doing a search for marching band supplies. Good prices on straight rolls and rolls of round cutouts. If you just need a little, Northeast sailplane carries the stuff called Skysheen. A bit pricey, but works so well that peole ask me what kind of lights I have on my plane. If you need lots and lots of the stuff, you can try

for

24" wide rolls. Look for holographic sign vinyl.

Hope this helps. Sotos

Reply to
Sotos

Go to any local sign shop - the same place you look for CoroPlast - an

ask them for some holographic vinyl. It is available in many patterns in both silver and gold.

Comes in BIG rolls, but they will probably sell you a 6'x1' sheet for dollar or two.

Hint: Wait 'til they're closed, and rummage in the waste bin. Yo often can find large pieces they throw away. This is a good way to ge the stuff, and it's the same stuff MonoKote trim sheets are made of

-- Viper Pilo

this thread:

Viper Pilot

Great suggestions all! Thanks a bunch. I did find some at Auto Zone after trying another LHS and the bike shop they suggested. Will check the other sources everyone mentioned. I really dont need a lot but extra wouldnt hurt! Thanks again!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

One other place to try would be one of the larger salt water fishing tackle stores. They sell several types and rolls of varying widths and patterns.

Jim W

Reply to
Black Cloud