Flagging Notes in MTEXT

All, with previous versions of AutoCAD we had always used Single Line Text when creating notes. Now, we are making the transition to using MTEXT. Short of drawing an unassociated symbol over the text box, is there any way to add a triangular flag symbol around the note number using AutoCAD MTEXT? Is there a better or more accepted practice than using an separate POLYGON placed over the note to associate it with a ballooned feature? Thanks, Paul

Reply to
pmind

I don't think there's a way with MTEXT itself. "Express tools" includes a command for enclose text in either a lozenge, circle, or rectangle - but no triangle!

Why not just make a block with one attribute and one polygon?

Reply to
strawberry

To my knowledge, there a no way to associate (or embed) the block within the MTEXT box. My concern is that the notes will get moved around and the flag will become seperated. I wanted to try to find away to tie everything together without using GROUP or some such tool.

Reply to
pmind

Yeah. That's why I suggested NOT using MTEXT. Use a block comprising one attribute and one polygon. You can lock attribute positions (relative to the block insertion point) when defining them.

Reply to
strawberry

I see, thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to