Text height!!!

Every time when I make a draw I have problem with text height!! When I'm working in model everything is ok, ut if I want to see my work in layout text is or too small or too big. How I should fix text height???

Reply to
Mateusz Wêgrzyn

In model space, text entities like all others have a specific size. Depending on the scale of your plot, a particular size may be inappropriate. The standard approach is to put scale-appropriate size text on scale-specific layers in model space

AND/OR

put text in paperspace.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Model-Space is for the drawing, and Paper-Space is for text. If you're using AutoCAD, you'd be stupid not to take advantage of this fact. You can set your text height to whatever you want, and it will be the same on every page if you do it correctly. In short, don't have text in model-space. Text everything out in paper-space

Reply to
NOTHRERNOW27

Until you move something in Model Space and find the text no longer relates! :-((

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

The secret is to be smarter than the drawing.

Reply to
CW

The benefit of text in modelspace is so that you can change the viewport scale without having to change the text scale? I'd rather change the text scale ("match prop" makes real quick work of this) than have to worry about moving all text, arrows & dimensions. Where do you put dimensions?

The only thing I put in paperspace is my titleblock (and on rare occassions, images or schedules). I must be missing something cause I don't see a benefit to text in paperspace.

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

I'm with you on that.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

If you are using text in model space and have a lot of notes the best thing would be adjust your text for the scale at which you plot at. The problem with a form of automatic text scaing is that the text placement may not suit your drawing. ie text written at a low scale i.e 1:20 would a lot larger in realtion to the rest of the drawing if it was enlarged and plotted at 1:00 - requireing that you make a judgement on moving the text to another location. text scaling on a global basis can be done simply using the global properties bar and filters etc.

Reply to
alan