Everything there is to know about Buckskinners Equipment

Here is the world's most complete list of Buckskinner/old-fashioned camping gear ever assembled. Yessir, this list is totally complete! I'm certain that no one could ever think of (and describe) any other piece of ironwork, etc. that a well equipped camper of the past would ever want. If it ever did happen that someone had the GALL to pretend that they did know than I do about products for buckskinners, they would of course, publish their "apparent" knowledge of it right here.

COMPLETE Equipment List: Bridgers (Hot Dog Fork with stand) Camp axes Forks, eating Hatchets Hangers, Pot Knives Musket tools Patch knives Post hooks Range Rods (stacking rifles) Rotating Spits Screwdriver with pick for touch hole Screwdrivers Spatulas Spoons Strikers (Flint and Steel for starting a fire) S-Hooks Tee Pee Pole Hooks Tent Pegs Tomahawks Tripod (for hanging pots over a fire)

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
Pete S

OK, I'll bite...

Since you listed all the easy ones, here's a few others a couple minutes thinking brought to mind. Then I went out and looked in my camp boxes and came up with the rest of this list. These are things that live in the rendezvous boxes, beyond what you've already listed, and get carted to various doin's. Some of them even get used at times. Some I had to scratch my head about to remember what they were for. Might be some duplicates. My squirrel roaster may be the same thing you call a "bridger".

Adjustable spiral grill Adjustable spiral pot trammel Arrow points Atl-atl points Blades for buck saws ** Buckles Candle spike Charcoal heater & cooker Debarking tool for around the campfire Fancy twist staples for powder horns Fire irons (who uses a tripod?) Fish hooks Folding grills Folding handle skillets (pack-in) Gong targets Hinges, Hasps and Handles Knockdown silhouette targets Lantern stands Lid lifter Nails & Spikes Non-folding grills Neck knife Ramrod Puller (the best $15 I've spent in 35+ years of muzzleloading) Rifle stand Rope rings aka stake rings Spear points Sporks Squirrel roaster Stake puller Striker-Knife combo Traps -small, used to play the game of traps (a painful version of catch) Traps (squirrel, chihuahua, real dog, skunk, coon, beaver and drunk sizes) Turnscrews instead of modern style screwdrivers

**-I can no longer find a source for bucksaw blades that are NOT the impulse hardened blade. I'm looking for the fully hardened blades that were common up until about 10 years ago and 24 or 30 inches long. If anyone knows of a source, please drop me a private email. The return address is munged but shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy