Power Hammer of the Gods

Found this on Toolmonger this morning:

I get the feeling you can probably hammer out things like, oh I don't know, Titanic-grade engine props or something on a similar scale.

SF!

Reply to
Save Ferrous!

Although considering one of the commenters on the article talks about a 1,000 ton hammer, I'll call this a hammer of the demi-gods.

Reply to
Save Ferrous!

F$%& him. :) Without a good picture, his BS don't count for anything.

...like I know a 1000 from a 100! :/

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

The message from snipped-for-privacy@Example.com contains these words:

I can't manage 1000 tons, but this is just down the road from us at Blists Hill museum[1]. From time to time they get the rolling mill working. They feed it with cut up lengths of anchor chain, the curved ends of which are being straightened here...

You can feel it through the ground from about 1/4 mile away. It's not enormously loud and very contollable once you have the knack. I saw the bloke drive a nail into a bit of timber with it without crushing the wood.

[1]
Guy King

Hmmm... it didn't work... is it just me?

Cool. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

The message from snipped-for-privacy@Example.com contains these words:

Try again...

I think I got the .mov in the wrong case.

Reply to
Guy King

Ugh - neat but looked dangerous when he started to swing it. Almost got his leg.

Someone was tripping the hammer - but was out of sight.

Martin

Mart> The message

Martin H. Eastburn

The message from "Martin H. Eastburn" contains these words:

Ah, but never has after all these years.

That's the clever bit - having someone with whom to work.

Reply to
Guy King