1:1 DXF output from Wildfire

I am in need to export from Pro/E WF a 1:1 metric scale DXF file from a genuine Pro/E drawing(with model associated). We are getting some weird scale file outputs- probably according to actual sheet size. Not really seeing any options for scale, units ect. This has to be a simple setting or toggle some place? I'm not the Pro/e driver, but years ago when I was on ver 15-19, their was a "config.pro" file that was set to do the 1:1 automagicly. Not being in the "wildfire" loop for a few years now, any help would be appreciated. Currently reading into Acad / Masterscam - scale - & re-export- WTH? this is silliness.........

thx

Reply to
cncmillgil
  • cncmillgil :

All I can do is confirm that, as I'm not a Pro-E guy, sorry. Good to see I'm not the only one working Saturdays. ;=)

Reply to
Kelly D. Grills

Does it have to do with the units? Is the scale factor always something predictable like 10:1 or 25.4:1?

DXF files are unitless so the exporting and/or importing system has to be set appropriately so that they agree.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Hmm apparently they have some type of designator as to drawing scale scale? not necessarily relating to units/inch/metric

no wierd ratio's like 3.33333: 1 =3D Pro/e sheet size?

true

so how does Pro/e wildfire do it? - thats the system it's being generated from. "Everybodys" cad & cam systems reads that Pro/e DXF file in the same- out of scale.

to the best of my knowledge a line length of "1" is 1 not .332 in any unit of measure. the system that imports that DXF handles the units?

there's gotta be a Blo/e setting to handle that, come on. Geeze this is 2011? aint it. are we reinventing data translation? and why as a default setting would ser named system want to export an out of scale drawing?

All I can tell ya is its not that why with Cimatron , Solidworks & Pro/ e years ago.

Reply to
cncmillgil

"Unitless", yes, that's the import point. So, sheet scale has to be 1:1, same with individual view scales. Dxf_out_scale_views set to yes is supposed to do the automatic scaling. But to be on the safe side, start with a page size that can accommodate the view(s) at full size. But not too big because pro/e helpfully scales stuff up. Purportedly, the units of the model have already been set to ISO/metric, so aside from sheet/view scaling, the drawing should follow the system of units.

David Janes

Reply to
JANES

Were does one find the "Dxf_out_scale_views"? Is it in a config.pro file as it was years ago?

These drawings are company "standard" sheets & formats We are not the "creators" of the Pro/E drawing & do not want to create a new "blank format" 1:1 drawing in Pro, its redundant- why make more work?

in our case not so helpful scale down to like 3.333 DXF output. Again my question: Why would anyone want a scaled down DXF output drawing? It should be the other way around : default output should be 1:1 unless otherwise specified? Oh PTC you've done it again!

right as long as you stay in the Pro/E environment.

Thx

Reply to
cncmillgil

There is none to the best of my knowledge. When you create the drawings do not scale to drawing to anything other then 1-1 or full scale. When ever I send a dxf file to a machine shop, I send them a drawing (usually as pdf) with all dimensions and tolerances scaled to fit whatever sheet size I choose, and also send a full scale dxf file with 6 views (sometime more if special angles are required) and no dimensions, after all they're most likely just going to import it and don't require dimensions.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Gress

PffffffffffffffffffffffffT! with this place

Reply to
cncmillgil

Dxf_out_scale_views set to yes is supposed to do the automatic scaling. But to be on the safe side, start with a page size that can accommodate the view(s) at full size. But not too big because pro/e helpfully scales stuff up. Pro/e drawings don't have any units so they'll follow whatever was set in the model. I've been asked before by vendors to remove the dimensions, otherwise, they have to do a lot of editing. So I regularly include a sheet or two with a bunch of undimensioned views, just for "Save a copy" to DXF. Reemphasizing what Paul said, the key is sheet and view scales set to 1:1.

David Janes

Reply to
JANES

So....... there seems to be an text parameter file called "current_session.pro" with all of pro's options set. last line reads: dxf_export_format 13

format 13 would be the culprit, I presume dr. watson?

we'll get to the bottom of this format 13, even if the USENET groups suck now.

Reply to
cncmillgil