Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Has anyone worked with bridgeport Interact CNC mills?
Would love to just chat a bit, especially interesting would be if you retrofitted one with a new control. i
23
23

Not CNC Related But... Anyone do Broaching?
...And have the ability to broach Grob splines in steel or alumi-bronze? I've got a quote request for the person(s) who can / does... Already have sources, but would like to consider new ones....
2
2

MasterCAM Surfacing Help
Hey -- I am using MCX on a Vertical Milling Centre, making train wheels. There is a round donut shaped pocket that needs to be machined concentrically to the wheel. To do this i have drawn a solid...
3
3

Machinists Software for Iphones
Looking through the latest issue of Modern Machinist I saw this article on software for machinists for Apple's Iphone: seems very reasonable at $2.99 for the "Apprentice" version and $9.99 for the...
8
8

Article on Training for Swiss Screw Machines
Modern Machine has a nice article on training on Swiss type machines: Cumberland, Rhode Island shop specializes in intricate Swiss turning work. It currently has 48 Tsugami Swiss-types it purchased...
3
3

Steel Mills?
Awl -- Who? Where? Tryna find a few for a hard-to-find product, sheets of 304 SS half-hard (no substitutions), on the order of .075, for a punch press job. My buddy thinks he has to find a mill for...
11
11

grinding trick
If your on a small grinder, 6 x 12, 6 x 18 etc... Here's a neat trick. Go buy an extended hub for your wheel. They just make your wheel stick out an inch or so. Take your magnet (hopefully a walker)...
3
3

A DAY AT WORK...
Ok...I finish up a part, and I have 5 minutes to kill...so, I bust out the book. The makino mill i was running has a tool changer that loads the tool into the next available pod in the carousel....
12
12

If you run a grinder you might like this...
hub. Great for dressing stuff like radii on the front where it's easy, then flip it over so the form is on the back. Or like I had this week, a need to have a radius on both sides of the wheel to...

2008 SolidCam Post
I'm having an issue with my posts on parts with non tangent radii, for example a cube with rounded, but non tangent corners or round shapes with a small flat on one side. When I post such parts, my...
5
5

Second try.. Left handed Cobalt or Carbide Drill supplier?
Anyone know of someone that carries left handed cobalt or carbide drills? Looking for a 3/8" jobber or screw length.. thanks tom
20
20

Is QC30 the same as NMTB 30
This Bridgeport Interact 2 mill comes with "QC 30" toolholders. Is that the same as NMTB 30, as far as mounting goes? thanks i
1
1

Any fanuc experts out there?
Like every friggen cnc guy on the planet knows fanuc...but... I would love to get T5M6 on one line in MDI. I looked thru the toolchange macro and cannot for the life of me figure a way to get it all...
26
26

How to play with EMC2 and G code without an actual mill
I would like to somehow practice EMC2 (milling application, 3 axis), and G-code and other such things, without actually running a mill. It would be a "simulation". What kind of software can I use....
7
7

Swiss Retros-Ping Dan
Currently doing some retrofits of KMX machines, this customer still wants carts with the HMI mounted on the cart. After the setup is complete they unplug it and store it. Any offsets required are...
1
1