Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A toolholder poll....
What's your preference... Compression type collets, or sleeves. You crank up the bar to 350 psi's and put your cutter in, release...its done. .0001 tir. Heat type collets. You heat up the holder and...
1
1

high speed machining tip...
Maybe folks know this. I knew it, but never really thought about it till I seen the effects of it. In every cam system Iv'e been on there's a spot to add fillets to the toolpath. I used it when I wire...
11
11

cimitron webinars...
Anybody know a place you could find these things recorded?
4
4

EMC2 conversion of Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2
A poster told me on cnczone, that he converted an identical above named mill, to EMC2, in just 12 hours of work. I would figure that it would take me, say, 40 hours. That is approximately a month of...
3
3

FADAL Selling Assets
I saw this on Practical Machinist and thought it would show up here. since I haven't seen anything yet I thought I would post it here: "FADAL is discontinuing the production of machining centers and...
25
25

Mine is 89 inches, what about yours
The first "oh, fsck" moment. The Series II CNC bridgeport that I bought is 89 inches tall and my garage opening is only 78-80 inches high. That gives 12 inches or so that I need to somehow remove from...
26
26

Chuck closing force
So what's the rule here, how do I know where to set it? Other than if the part flies out it was too low. Hyundai HIT-18S lathe Thank You, Randy Remove 333 from email address to reply.
5
5

MACH3 licence
hello, Following a malfunction of the hard drive of my machine, I want a license MACH3 Valid Thank you for your help bonjour , suite a un disfonctionement du disque dur de ma machine,je recherche une...
2
2

CNC Bridgeport with Heidenhein control
Someone is offering me a Bridgeport Series II Interact CNC mill. He says that it worked but the Heidenhein controller is no longer operational. Whether this is true or not, as always is questionable....
63
63

pantoscribe charts?
Anybody ever use a Pantoscribe chart. Or is it spelled pantescribe ? Also, I'm putting together a video to assist in my job hunt. Here's the youtube link. Please give me opinions but remember they...

Older Daewoo Puma Documentation
We just got an old (pre 90's) Daewoo Puma 12 lathe with a FANUC OT controller, serial # 420096 .. I'm trying to hunt down any documentation that I can on it (ladder documentation, wiring diagrams,...

Mastercam guys, tell me about dynamic milling...
Let me guess, you window in your whole part and click the big red easy button? Seriously...what is it??
2
2

Mastercam x3
Wholly crap...Mastercam x3 loves trimmed surfs. It's only like 10 years too long. Pretty impressive. I wish I had x3 15yrs ago. High speed toolpaths are sweet. Only one regret, I can't extend or trim...
6
6

Cimitron vs UG
So far UG wins. All I do with cimitron so far is view the toolpath, read the offset amounts, etc... (basically not much, lol). But a negative it has is the windows need closed by non standard windows...
9
9

Source for spindle liners?
Where do you guys get spindle liners for your lathes? I would like to run the occasional 3 foot bar in mine, now that I got it running and have a post that works fairly well. bore is 2.950" Anyone...
7
7