Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping vinny or anyone else in florida
I'm looking for a shop in florida that has at least a 13.5-14.0" stroke shaper. I have these parts that have 2 3.25" slots in them and with the thickness of the part being 13" and the length of the...
5
5

CNC Discussions
Are there any good CNC discussion groups left?
5
5

FS/Hardinge TFB
Ive decided to sell the Hardinge TFB Ive been using as my #2 lathe. Frankly..Ive run out of room in the shop. And simply dont use it as much as the HLV-H Its ugly, homely, needs a coat of paint, is an...
1
1

Mastercam Posts .NC files and .ERR files
Hey, I am using mastercam X3 for a 3 axis VMC, just wontering if anyone knows how to make masterCam skip posting the .err file, my output folder is cluttered enough as it is!
2
2

Electromagnetic Machining?
To All: Another one of my public service announcements. LOL Saw this in Cutting Tool Engineering: Some excerpts follow. =========================================================== manufacturing It's a...

cimitron or UG...
I'm sure both will cut a good part, but in Cimitron I keep finding things it "won't" do. To date I found Nothing UG can't do. The latest is I wanted to customize the mouse, so the right click is...
3
3

direct mold creation by laser sintering
There was a thread on the possible reduction of cnc machining because of the growth in "3D" printing. It appears that a German company [EOS] has developed a process to directly create plastic...
4
4

Iscar tooling, what the hell is it made of?
I have a newer indexable shell mill from Iscar, and one of the pockets were blown out. So we are trying to weld it up and the weld just wont stick. On starting to cut the weld just breaks out. Any...
14
14

Nine new engines? -- six new transmissions? -- 60 new engines and transmissions?
A continuation of the engine thread -- 60 new engines and transmissions????????? (1) How does introducing a new engine improve fuel economy/emissions? (2) What new principals of physics have been...
14
14

Odd Q on machine stability
Awl -- Several times mention has been made of dancing machines, and the importance of firm anchoring, level-ness, etc. Suppose a machine -- cnc or manual -- was placed on a very light but very rigid...
26
26

SolidWorks
Just got an email from SolidWorks. If you use SolidWorks or are thinking about using SolidWorks see their webcast link at Unka George (George McDuffee) The past is a foreign country; they do things...

Speeds and Feeds question
Hi all - I'm having trouble determining appropriate speeds and feeds for milling hot rolled mild steel. Most of my experience has been making prototypes in nylon or Delrin and I've been able to 'tune...
9
9

Reducing CNC lathe setup time
As a matter of fact you can use the VDI holder as a gage to measure how far off your turret is. Un clamped and un pinned the VDI holder will twist to the exact position every time. You can accurately...
10
10

REQ. Robot Arm Project.
Hello, nobody has an open source project for robot arm like eshed scorbot or similar ? Thanks.

Electronic Drive repair service
Awl -- Each year, Electornic Drives and Controls, in Parsippany, NJ (973 428 0500) sends me a 2' x 3' wall calendar around Xmas, which I actually put on a wall, and use. It won't win any art awards,...
11
11