Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Off to LA
See you lads in a few days..Im off to LA. "Ill be back. " Gunner "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making...
12
12

File transfer problems, siemens 840c control
When sending a file to my "new" lathe it errors every time. I get the first 500 bytes of the file then it quits and gives errors 110049 and 110058. " check interface parameterization" and "transfer...
3
3

Thread Milling Feed Rates
To All: Here are some excerpts from an article in MMSOnline. ======================================================== The Feed Rate Right When Thread Milling: Article From: Derek Korn , Senior Editor...

Slick vise-jaw fixturing idear?
Awl -- Luckily, I found a set of jaws I had made, for milling multiple 5/8'ish round rods on their ends -- facing, tapped holes, etc. These jaws are not so easy to make, so I'm glad I found them, but...
4
4

Homemade CNC
Has anyone here built their own CNC cutter/router from scratch?
3
3

Electrical questions
Ok...got the Larios Horizontal mill all painted and now its time to do the electrical..and am running into a snag... The mill has 2 motors..a 2 speed/6 wire motor for the spindle and a stock 3 wire...
17
17

Anyone want to buy a Hardinge TFB?
Im pondering selling my Hardinge TFB. This is largely the same as a Hardinge tool room lathe, Turn/Face/Bore, but is incapable of threading...its a turning machine only. model of the same machine....
4
4

Chip extraction from tubular parts on CNC lathe
Long time no see. Happy New Year, y'all. I'm looking for some ideas on pulling chips out of a tubular part on a CNC lathe. The hole is approx 4" deep and =D81" ID. We are using three 0.75" shank solid...
16
16

WTB/Trade Nema 56 motor
My Hotsy steam cleaner just blew the motor. Bastards I got it from had used and open frame motor instead of a proper TEFC one. It runs for a couple minutes then blows the breaker. I thought it was the...
7
7

Machining thespians: effort vs reward....
Eternal glory to the memory of the 700 Thespians who died with the Spartans at Thermopylae!
15
15

Mastercam vb script for sale....
200$. This script will do whatever dipshit jb says mastercam can't do when it comes to drilling holes, guarenteed. I call it weeniescript 1.0 Put your order in now and I will deliver in 2 weeks max....
1
1

Boring Article - Or Rather an Article About Boring
Too All: Here are some excerpts from an American Machinist online article. ============================================================= Up the Usual Suspects 12/28/2009 By Matt Tegelman When boring...
7
7

NC Circa 1955
State of the art in 1955 - (Popular Mechanics article) It's interesting to read the predictions of how the new technology would someday be used. Four years later, you can program it with APT -
4
4

Impact - a Free Explicit Dynamic Finite Element
Impact - a Free Explicit Dynamic Finite Element is an open source finite element program suite which can be used to predict most dynamic events such as car crashes or metal sheet punch operations....

Anyone got a Clausing 1500 manual?
I bought one on CD about a year and a half ago..and now I cant find the damned thing. Anyone got one I can download? Gunner