Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

deep hole drilling
Job I'll be drilling later this week, 64 holes 3/8" dia. 6-3/4" deep in 1018 CRS. Looking for recomendations for speed, feed, and how to set up my drill cycle. I picked out this drill to use you can...
17
17

Anybody out there simulating their machine?
I mean the actual machine? You would think it would slow things down too much, but it doesn't have to. The machine could be modeled using simple surfaces like autocad used to use to model a house,...
17
17

UGNX vs...Mastercam/Solidworks
UGNX and Solidworks are about equal as far as the drafting end goes. UGNX pulls way ahead in the way of modeling. Both systems model similar, and both are equal until you start getting into complex...
1
1

T14 M16 Robodrill
Pardon me for this on topic post but I have a question. I'm trying to tram the drive keys after a spindle change but get a no tool alarm that basically stops me in my tracks. Anyway to turn that off...
3
3

Robodrill PCL External Interface
I am trying to interface the outputs given at the back of my robodrill, does any one know how can i access those with Macro In RObodrill it is provided under QUick/NC system to interface and i am...
3
3

Rods spinning in 5C collet fixture during rigid tapping
Awl -- Tapping 1/2-13, about 1" deep, cut tap (new), in 1" rnd 6061, held in what seems to me to be a pretty sturdy 5C collet fixture (china), judging from the stout handle (as opposed to another one...
17
17

glentek /fadal
Was rebuilding a 4050-38 dc motor today ( it had presented with a major ground fault to the motor frame ) --on dissasembly, a motor brush unexpectedly fell out and onto the bench...hmm...looking...
3
3

Hardinge III+ 18-T FANUC Lathe Keyboard Mapping
Hi, He have a III+ SP and need to change the keyboard mapping. We now get ( instead of P when we shift Q. The rest of the keyboard is mapped differently from the small letters would suggest it should...

Fabrication businesses
Aug 15 Can someone set me straight on this.. Lately I've been talking to gear makers about fabrication plants ( that is..the guys who do all the weldments putting the gearbox casings, ASME boilers,...
1
1

Drilling 304 stainless w/ crisco oil
Awl -- No foolin. My machinist friend has a job drilling boucou 5/32 holes in 1/8 304 stainless, w/ carbide drills, and he says he wouldn't even take the job if it weren't for Crisco vegetable...
13
13

UGNX rotary tables and 4/5 axis...
MY LORD! Wholly variable tool axis batman! It seems the more complex the toolpath, the easier it is to code up. And that's no exaggeration! The ease of programming 4-5 axis, rotary table, etc... is...
1
1

Spotting Different Sized Holes With One Tool Should Be Done...
I'm looking to control spot drill depth / diameter without the need to add extra geometry / drill points. The main point I'm trying to make with yet another Jon Banquer blog in- depth look at CADCAM...
14
14

Yo, to all the UGNX users...Please read...
I got a question??? A simple one, yet I can find no answer. Maybe you guys can answer it... Ok, you make some cutter path in version 3 or 4. And now your in version 5 or 6 and when you pull up that...
1
1

UGNX will make you an engineer!
Yep, couple of edm guys at work asked me how long Iv'e been an engineer. I said 9 weeks. lol I'M somebody damnit! Who?...I'm not sure yet.
2
2

Cut Tap Tid-Bits
If the tap is being driven by a machine using rigid tapping, the 'extra' threads have little purpose. Hand tapping they likely center the tap and add to keeping the pitch correct. Maybe you have...
3
3