about stainless steel tubing cutting process.

Hi,all

I need to cut out straight 1mm or 1.5 mm slice from 10" long annealed stainless tubing 1-1/2"OD{A} x1.370"ID"{B}x.065"{C}----304. I am going to use sherline lathe machine. If I make my own tool bit from tungsten or HSS blank,or maybe diamond tip??? what shape of tip is good? I'd be very appreciated if anyone has good idea and advice or suggestion for this cutting process.

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi.

Reply to
jc