Affordable 3D Printer

I saw this article on a very affordable 3D printer and thought it might be of interest.

"Form 1 is ?a high resolution 3D printer at low cost? as the promotional video states. The first 25 backers gobbled up the device for $2,299, the next 100 claimed one for $2,499, and the current price of $2,699 is still available."

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

e of interest.

g9 "Form 1 is ?a high resolution 3D printer at low cost? as the promotional video states. The first 25 backers gobbled up the device f or $2,299, the next 100 claimed one for $2,499, and the current price of $2 ,699 is still available." Best, Steve --

Nice!! May have to find some budget for one of them guys!! It would be perfect for my shop

Reply to
"D"

Even at almost $3K a pop 3D printers get amazing backing on Kickstarter! I've watched three of those so far - one extruder type and two UV-cured resin types and they all go over the $ goal by a factor of 10, and one was pushing 30 times the stated goal. Is this not the right time for HP or Lexmark etc. to notice a new market?

Reply to
DA

Well, they are currently selling ink at about $20,000.00 a gallon. They will have to figure out a way to mark up the resin by a factor of about

100,000 X before they get interested. They are not in the business of making printers, only installing free ink sales terminals.
Reply to
No Joe