Best Blanchard stones for Non-Heat Treated High Chromium White Iron

Just like the subject says, I need to grind a bunch of plates that are High Chromium White Iron (JL52) and was wondering if anyone has come across the 'perfect' stone.. be it ceramic or not..

Chemical Analysis is:

C - 2.80 Cr - 22.0 Mn - .80 M0 - .30 Si - .80

Hardness 52Rc

Thanks for any info you may have..

Reply to
tnik

. I use a custom made wheel by Norton. I dont know the composition but the pricing is 500 per wheel in 8 pc. lots. the minimun they will run on a custom order. The chrome iron we grind is about 700 bhn. I do rough grinding with a swing grinder using a reenforced wheel. Norton should be able to make your segmented wheel pieces if you spec them the exact material you are grinding; Their standard wheels don't hold up as well in our application.

John

Reply to
John

Yea, I've been in contact with Norton and Radiac, Radiac said something like a 30% ceramic, Norton has yet to get back to me.

Also contacted an old boss I had up north, no email back from him yet.. He was one of the first northern shops to bite the bullet on the ceramic stones.. This was about 10 years ago so if anyone knows he should..

Reply to
tnik