CAT45?

So...

I just became the owner of a CAT45 tool holder by way of garage sale this weekend. I'll be using it for something interesting in a metalworking project but not CNC related.

I've browsed the web and reviewed the "all things taper related" web sites, but I'm curious just how popular this taper actually is and if there is a reason why it exists other than to span the gap between C40 and C50?

Is there something special about it I should know?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Not very popular from what Ive seen.. Hell, I still have a box of 45t tooling sitting up on a shelf that I can't get rid of.. Probably going to hit the scrap yard soon :/

Reply to
tnik

I have a 5 gallon bucket full as well--IIRC these were fairly common back in the day when cintimatics were the workhorse machining centers.

Gimmee $20 + postage and I'll toss into a flat rate box.......

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Yup Cincinnati had'em thou out the 70's,80's + being not too common they were $expensive$ in the day. Today? hello scrap man :-)

or JoeAuto, make a drill press spindle for'em out of an old Cincy sittin in a corner somewhere.

IIRC the Cincinnati models were 5Vs 10V's 15V's & later Saber's using Acramatic MC(big blue), 900 & 850 controls. wonder what happened to'em all?

Reply to
cncmillgil

I ran a 4 axis sunstrand with that controller on it.....back in ~1984 or so--what an abortion...motor generator dc spindle drive setup and a vickers hydraulic pack running about 30 hP

--But hardly anybody had contouring rotary axis capability back then so the work just kept coming in....

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT