For jb and precision idiot....

Your welcome.

I bet jb even knows the guys name. Now you guys can learn basic gcoding and quit looking stupid in a machining newsgroup. Again, you tards are welcome.

Reply to
vinny

Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't have been asking.

Goddamn you're dense....I DON'T NEED TO "UNDERSTAND" YOUR 6 LINES

--I already have a method that works very reliably....

My method provides an unlimited number of fixture offsets, even if the controller only provides six and it does so even if Macro B is not installed.

Google is your friend...might as well show these guys your untested abortion and then proceed to call them idiots as well.

PrecisionmachinisT

All trolling aside... There's nothing wrong with defining positions in a program, you can make an unlimited amount. And if all you have is g54 thru g59 yep, its a great thing.

But here's the problem....

Our newest machine is a horizontal mill with literally 200 positions on the table using tombstones, vises etc... The machine takes up a damn football field.

Now imagine the scrap if the operator had to pick up a position with a probe or an indicator..and type those in by hand.

Of course a macro could be written to dump those numbers in the program. Basically a pickup macro, but then the machine has a thousand positions, so why bother.

Yah your method works, but its too dangerous and time consuming for 2014.

Reply to
vinny

My OLDEST machine is a horizontal mill with 8 pallets and 80 cutting tools, I have 8 station chick vises set up on four of the pallets, and it does not even have Macro B.

Think about THAT for a while.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I bet everything takes a "while".

Reply to
vinny

So, how many machining centers you do you own these days, Vinny?

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Aww but most of my newer machines DO have Macro B, and since it's painfully obvious that your employer won't let YOU anywhere near "YOUR" machines, even for "debug tIme" then maybe just for fun, I'll run your code, probably ought to be good for at least a few laughs...

--then again, there's a bumper crop of blackberries this summer, and the salmon are running fairly thick...

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Go ahead and laugh, as long as you report your findings....

2 quick things in case you need to know... Cant use single step with macros unless you set a parameter. To see if your machines have macro b in mdi assign a var, #100 = 1 If theres no error, you have it.

I'm scheduled today for mill time. Third time Iv'e been told that. So any debugging done before that happens is greatly appreciated. I have a charmilles fanuc wire machine with macro b, If I dont get mill time I'm going to run it in there. Gotta find out what periphery is assigned to m198, or if it even has m198?

Find anything wrong and I'll take it like a man (crying like a baby)

Reply to
vinny

none. If I owned machine tools would I be playing around with macros?

Reply to
vinny