got paychecks early due to good friday...

And lo and behold my check went up 22$ from last week same hours. After close scrutiny I realized it was my federal withholding that went down.

Is this a fluke or is this the stimulus money?

Well, doesn't matter...my kid will finally have shoes and a warm meal.

lol

Reply to
vinny

=========== see

While an extra 20$ per week may not seem like much to many of us, it is indeed the difference between several hot meal or shoes for the kids for large numbers of people.

Note if an individual has been laid off, and is not paying taxes because they are not working, they get nothing from a cut in the tax rates.

IMNSHO it is criminal that in the US of A in the year 2009, 1 in

10 Americans is again dependent on food stamps/WIC to eat, and many more depend on the community pantries run through their local religious institutions and service clubs for adequate food.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

-------- Heres a "recycle" from the early '30s.

----------------- Communities Print Own Currencies to Keep Money Local

Thursday, April 09, 2009 By Molly Line

GREAT BARRINGTON, Mass. ? It looks like Monopoly money, but the colorful currency created by collaborators in the western Massachusetts town of Great Barrington is legal tender.

The creative cash is called "BerkShares," a play on words, referring to the mountainous region called the Berkshires, where businesses and citizens have come together to support each other in these tough economic times.

-----------

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

"> And lo and behold my check went up 22$ from last week same hours.

withholding that went

a warm meal.

Be careful, your yearly taxes didn't go down, only the paycheck withholding amount went down. You're still liable for the end of year taxes. So instead of a refund you may have to pay in.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Please cite the relevant tax code.

Reply to
Earwax museum

Well think about it, A dollar in Florida is worth about 3 times a dollar in California. Maybe making some Florida money isn't such a bad idea. I'm sick of welfare states welching off the non union, low taxed states by dragging the value of our dollars down.

imagine getting paid in NY dollars, or California dollars..NO THANX! Pay me in friggen stale bug infested rice instead.

Now florida money....oooohhh, can I use that at Disney World?

Reply to
vinny

and

year

Ok. Run your numbers to CYA

Phil Kangas

[ IRS Withholding Calculator The Withholding Calculator reflects the new withholding tables providing employees with the benefit of the Making Work Pay (MWP) Credit created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. Employers should implement the new withholding rates by April 1.

You should use the withholding calculator to ensure that the reduced withholding will not result in having too little income tax withheld (possibly causing you to owe taxes next year) ]

Reply to
brewertr

Thanks

Yes it looks like there's indeed a new calc method available and that his employer may have decided to start using it--which I find odd because as I recall the employee needs to sign off--and beings the OP hadn't mentioned himself making any changes....

Reply to
Uhh Clem

They don't "decide" to start, it's the law they have to.

The employer uses W2 every employee is supposed to fill out and a table to calculate amount of employee deductions. The table has changed reducing the withholding taxes but it is still the responsibility of the employee to insure enough is collected to cover their tax liability. If employee wants they can fill out another W2 and have more/less taken out depending upon their circumstances.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr