Hand Eye Coordination Extraordinaire

To All:

This guy's got a hell of an ego, but seems to have the goods to back it up.

BottleBob

I wonder how many will wind up shooting themselves trying to copy him after watching that

Reply to
raamman

naaaaaaaa Sid James in Carry on Cowboy, unbeatable

Reply to
The Brass Turner

I wonder how many will wind up shooting themselves trying to copy him after watching that

yes looking at the slomo I suspect many will have fingers missing off the other hand.....

the gun is almost horizontal before starting and he is bring his thigh up as well. Why not keep it in the holster and be even quicker.

dont you also love his BIG sherifs badge. I bet he's the bell of the ball in the bar on the range.

Reply to
The Brass Turner

I'd reckon he'd stand a good chance of shooting his knee ( I certainly wouldn't want to practice trying that)- there might also be a draw rule meaning the gun must be removed entirely from the holster.

Reply to
raamman

There is a show on TLC or Discovery called "Marksmen". There is a guy with a rifle that can throw a 3/8 i.d. washer up in the air and shoot through it. There is another guy with a bow and arrow that can shoot an arrow into a bullseye, then split that arrow in half with another one. Mythbusters couldn't do that trick and called it busted.

Reply to
Bill

and I bet those 2 could not piss into a toilet without hitting the seat............

Reply to
The Brass Turner

An archer on the South Korea olympic team did that for the cameras.

ff

I took archery in college looking to boost my GPA with an easy A. Equipment was nothing fancy, flat fiberglass bows with a plastic grip, and cheap wooden arrows. I'm a total instinct shooter, really cannot explain why I'm so accurate on a range. Takes a few shots to get dialed in, and then I just drop them right in there. In that college class, within the first day I was dropping all 5 arrows into the bullseye, most of the time several were touching. Over the course of the class, I split two of my arrows. My own bow is a custom Corky my dad bought in Alaska before I was born. Used to have a nice set of fiberglass arrows. There was a tapered aluminum end plug onto which the plastic nock was afixed. I managed to split several of the nocks, though the aluminum end piece prevented splitting of the shaft. BTW, I'm only this good shooting on a range where my 'instinct shooting' can get itself "sighted". Thought I was really hot shit until a buddy took me to a cross country range in the foothills. Shooting uphill, downhill, across gulleys, through bushes, etc. is totally different than shooting at a level range. Lost several arrows and came away humbled.

Mythbusters is a great show, but they don't always get it right....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Was that the range in Huddart Park? It is a tricky course, shooting between the trees and brush. I had forgotten that one, haven't been there in 30 years.

Fred

Reply to
ff

Ive done about 20-30 "Robin Hoods" (one arrow splits another) in my lifetimee At one time, it got tediously expensive. I was a member of the PAA by the time I was 15...Professional Archers of America, Shot tournaments all over the Midwest and East. Shrug...but it happns a lot when you shoot frestyle, all the bells and whitles, sights, stabilizers etc etc. All technical. It was a big change from stalking critters through the woods. I got away from archery when I got my left arm smashed on a drilling rig in the late 70s, had nerve damage, couldnt hold up a bow Got healed finally by the late 80s, still loose a shaft every now and then, hogs, coyotes, varmints. Not a lot of time for it anymore. Shrug. and hiking through the California mountains in August looking for hogs gets harder every year.

Still miss standing in front of a crowd of thousands,, alll ZEN mindset, total focus...trying to shave off a couple thousands of an inch from the last group I shot, cause the guy next to me is trying to do the same, mentally locked into the Zone.....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

maybe that is how they train....

Reply to
raamman

Whoops...addendum...Proffessonal Archers Association.

Crom but it hurts to wake up these days on cold mornings.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Been near 30 years for me too. It was in the SF Bay Area, foothills up behind Redwood City or Menlo Park IIRC. Don't recall the name of the park though.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Yep, that's the one. Our J.C. archery instructor took us there.

Fred

Reply to
ff

Yeah, that really was (still is ?) a nice course. I shoot firearms as well in the woods as at the range, but then I'm using sights or a scope. That course served up me and my bow, a big heaping helping of humble! When Dad gave me the bow and arrows, there was another whole set of fiberglass shaft blanks. About 10 years ago I went to an archery guy to get them finished off. On the length, I indicated approx how long they should be finished out, and that was about 4" past the front of the bow at full draw. He countered arrows should come out almost flush at the front. Not knowing any better, I deferred to the 'expert'. What a mistake! The original arrows shot dead straight and true, narry a hint of wobble. The short ones wobbled all over the place. Who ever set up the originals knew what they were doing. I did find a set of aluminum arrows a couple years ago at a yard sale that shoot pretty straight, just haven't had time to go out and practice. There is a nice cross country range up in Nevada City. Maybe this spring....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Nobody knows what you are talking about, Simple Jack Jr. Nobody.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

After all the awards that he has won, everybody know what he is talking about. Even you, but you lie about it.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Well, duh...

You're a smart guy, HH&C opens his virtual mouth, what do you expect?

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Here's something someone just sent me that I thought was trick.

BottleBob