Lathe door interlock

Threaded View
Hello All,

Does anyone have the Code to Bypass a door Interlock on a
Bridgeport HTC-8 Lathe? It has a GE Fanuc Series 21i-T controller

Thanx In Advanced for any help

Larry

Re: Lathe door interlock

  After all the shit I've heard about, seen and experienced first-
hand, I wouldn't tell even if I knew.

       Later,

               Charlie

Re: Lathe door interlock

Ive Been Running CNC since BEFORE they had Gaurds, I am just looking
to do a Little Finish Polishing

Re: Lathe door interlock

CL:

    Maybe all this guy wanted to do was a little finish polishing, eh.  LOL

http://www.b0g.org/wsnm/articles/This+Is+Twisted

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Re: Lathe door interlock

zip file of the pics:

http://bdhi.ath.cx/download/lathe_accident.zip

--
Black Dragon

To understand a program you must become both the machine and the program.

Re: Lathe door interlock

 > Black Dragon

 > To understand a program you must become both the machine and the
Re: Lathe door interlock

My sigs are randomly generated once an hour on the hour, so no, I didn't
pick it. And yes, it's un-nerving how sometimes they relate to what I
post. :)

--
Black Dragon

The more specific the title of a course, the less you
Re: Lathe door interlock

What ever happened to this Group, Used to get REAL Answers and Real
Help. Now ALL BS

Re: Lathe door interlock

Captain:

    I'm sorry, I thought the pic was humorously apropos here.

    As far as what happened to the newsgroup; If you want to know every
political view & perspective on an issue - we've got just the trolls
for you.

    If you want to know every view & perspective on Global Warming  -
we've got those trolls for you as well.

    Bypassing door interlocks, now that's a touchy subject since it's
obviously an OSHA safety issue as Charlie implied.  This is probably
one of those cases that if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be
doing it.
    Sometimes you can put a magnet on certain types of sensors and it will
fool it into thinking it's closed.  But you didn't hear it from me - I
disavow any knowledge of having said anything on the subject.

    Watch those long sleeves now, or we might have a new series of photos
to show (where you've become *ONE* with your machine).    LOL

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Re: Lathe door interlock

Having seen a man put his chest in the 3/8" space between the end of a
rewind roller and a 2" thick solid steel machine frame (he bypassed the
safeties),
Having seen a man get 6 of 10 fingers mashed to greasy spots in a trim die
(safeties were bypassed),
Having helped get a guy out of a chip conveyor with his arm in nearly 2
pieces, (he had put a door key in the switch to do some set-up work,
dropped a part in the conveyor and instinctively reached after it)
Having a guy come to me with his thumb in his glove, and his hand not
(female center and he clamped the tailstock up with his hand between the
part and the female center)...on a manual lathe without safeties.....

I'm not about to give out information about how to bypass a safety switch
on a machine tool.....

Flame all you want....I've seen enough carnage in my lifetime.

--
Anthony

Re: Lathe door interlock

Anthony:

    Nothing gets the idea across like a good color photo.  You need keep a
digital camera at work for these occasions, eh?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Re: Lathe door interlock

die
switch

Come on up I'll man the camera while you be the main charater in several
re-inactments...

--

Re: Lathe door interlock

BPB:

    I think I'll have to pass on that generous offer.  I've grown fond of
my appendages.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Re: Lathe door interlock

You can grow a new ponytail (maybe).

Re: Lathe door interlock

several

Thats weird hair the thread drift check it out look at the time stamps.

BTW my killfile isnt quite a crowded as it was and welcome back.

Not sure how to say this but despite what others might like you to think
substance mostly devoid of jon humping is preferable at least to many here
and there really is life after jb.

--

Re: Lathe door interlock

I have cut way back.

Tom

Re: Lathe door interlock

here

Not without notice, and appreciated by many I'm sure--If it turns out to
have been a bad decision, you always can go back then I guess.

Generally its cold turkey for me...it's a given that someday even the
atmosphere won't be fit for my own lungs.

Re: Lathe door interlock

Tom:

    Been going to Jonnonymous meetings have you?

    The real question is:  Is there life after Cliff.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Re: Lathe door interlock

So now YOU with your cheap Chinese vises gonna start with me!

Yes there is life after Cliff. Have him killfiled for some time now, I
only see what he posts if it is quoted by someone else.

--
Tom
http://tinyurl.com/5okkgz

Re: Lathe door interlock

Tom:

    I need to put a miniature Chinese vise on my keychain.

    WHAAAAT?  NO WAAY!  How chickin' is THAT?  If we all have to suffer -
YOU should suffer too.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob