Little giant pump & tank cleaning

Awl--

Apropo of the welded fitting business to the coolant tank thread, and a number of useful suggestions, esp. the garden hose connector and wet/vac, I found that for my latest travail that a small submersible worked really well. Plus, it was all I had... For such a small pump, it gives really good head--ito of pressure, you gutter-minded machinists, you.... It gets down to within1/4" of the base (please, stop it...), and even less if you tilt the tank. Adapted a garden hose fitting right on the outlet, used some old wash mach hoses to outside containers. They give good bang for the buck.... oh, stop it, ahm killin myself over here... Oh, and in a real pinch, one of those pumps *could*, it seems, get some coolant to a tool, iffin yer pump ever blew on a Sunday for a Monday delivery!

Also, all the travail w/ re-wiring dat centrifugal pump comes in handy, w/ all this coolant finagling/cleaning. Remember, I gotta fire up a rotary converter every time I power on the fadal, so the payoff to me is proly a little higher than to others.

---------------------------- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Could, hell. They work fine submersed in oil, too. I used 'em in gear machines for years.

Reply to
hamei