Machining copper

101 or 110? I have a prototype job coming up where I'll be machining about 100 weird small gaskets out of copper. I don't look forward to milling copper (I'm more of a plastic guy). I know, two flute, high
RPM, coated carbide, light DOC. My question is this, given a choice between 101 and 110, does anybody know which is better to machine?
Thanks

I know nothing about machining copper.
If you are just making flat gaskets, I would look into having them cut with a water jet.
Dave Lyon wrote:
snip

Not just flat. Protrusion features on both sides (two setups). Will require a 1/32" endmill for a .039" slot. Max spindle speed only 5000 RPM.
While we're at it, should I dump the water sol coolant and switch to oil for one job? Perhaps a can of oil and a brush?
But the question right now is do I order 101 or 110?
145 etc is not an option.
Thanks

FWIW, McMaster rates both alloys "poor" for machinability. Why are you constrained to those choices?
Smitty Two wrote:
snip

Yeah I know, something like 20%, but I'll bet one is better than the other.
Why am I constrained to 101 or 110? It is not to me to reason why....

If it weren't for bosses, customers, and engineers, work would sure be more palatable.
110 much easier than 101 - 101 is oxygen free, electronic grade - very gummy, loves to gall & weld to tools. Try some 145 when you get a chance = mechanical properties similar to 110, MUCH easier to machine.

Polymer Man wrote:

110, water based coolant works well too
ca
clay wrote:
snip> >

Thanks Clay, that is what I needed to know.