Need some more beginners advice on a cnc lathe, MDI mode

MDI or in Siemens case MDA mode. If I wnat to take a test cut manually, the machine will not let me. I go to MDA enter M3S500 then if I go to JOG to move the tool the spindle stops as soon as I leave MDA.

Hyundai HIT-18S (1995) Siemens Hitrol 840C control

Is there a parameter that controls this?

Would be nice to take a test facing cut to see if the tool is on center.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Randy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Probably have to turn the spindle on manually, not via MDA. It's a safety thing. In Jog you can open the door, thus the spindle shuts off.

Reply to
Anthony

The machine has a key switch to over-ride the door switch. The coolant however will not come on unless the door is closed. Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

If you start the spindle in MDA mode, it stops when you go to a manual mode. (On some machines, it restarts if you switch back to any automatic mode, like Memory, MDI, or Tape/DNC.) Start the spindle manually, and then you'll be able to jog your test cuts.

KG

Reply to
Kirk Gordon

There could also be RPM limit. On my mill if you turn the key to the right the limit is 2000 rpm and to the left 5000 rpm. No tool change with the door open. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry