Question about pulley ratios for Taig 2019

All,

I haven't been able to find any documentation on how to loop the belt over the motor and spindle pulley grooves to achieve a given RPM. I understand that I need to loop over the smallest groove on the motor and the largest groove over the spindle to get 10,000 RPM. Anyone have documentation on what the other speeds are and how to get them.

Thanks in advance,

The Eternal Squire

Reply to
The Eternal Squire

hth Bart

Reply to
Bart

You mean there's no Taig owner with a manual who can read off the manual? I got my Taig second hand.

Thanks,

The Eternal Squire

Reply to
The Eternal Squire

"The Eternal Squire" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Probably not after that comment....but anyway.....all you need is the two pully diameters and the motor rpm.

Reply to
Anthony

Proly an rcm-type Q, anyway. But, the speed strategy is opposite to what the OP stated, I think--you want the largest diameter on the motor, and the smallest on the spindle pulley. Also make sure your belt style is appropriate for the pulley sheaves.

-- Mr. P.V.'d formerly Droll Troll

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I found that I could get a copy of the manual for $12. I was a little afraid that they came only with the original purchase of mill.

The Eternal Squire

Proctologically Violated=A9=AE wrote:

Reply to
The Eternal Squire