Quick change lathe info....palease...

Place I'm at has a 4 position square turrett on their lathe. Sometimes it's not quite enough, especially considering the spots are two left, two right. We have an aloris also, so holding a boring bar is covered, but it would be nice to hold drills, groove tools, cutoff tools, etc... It's cnc, but stopping to change a tool is ok. So I was wondering if there is some fairly rigid quick change gimmic out there for the lathe. Looking in catalogs all I see is quick change boring bars. If you found something like this, please share the info...it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
vinny

============ lots of stuff available. For mail order discount see

or roll your own.
one time KRF sold prints for these. The only part that is hard to make is the index base. for some samples see
for a discussion see
Let the group know how this works out.

Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Think something like this would work for you?

PaulS

Reply to
John&Michelle

Think something like this would work for you?

****** Yep, that's sweet. I wonder how rigid it is.
Reply to
vinny

I believe Dorian also makes a power turret. Their web site sucks, no pictures and very little description, however everything has a list price of $0.00. I would just call and get 1 of everything, something is sure to work for you.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Might be too pricey for what your looking to do:

Garlicdude

Actually, they are buying a new lathe, prolly an okuma captain. suweeeet!!!

Reply to
vinny

Vinny, Cool, glad to see someone boosting the economy!

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude