Re: Years After I Started Telling The Truth About Mastercam...

"Second - you are also vested in MasterCam's bullshit complexity. In fact, if MasterCam got their asses in gear and did a complete UI rewrite like they should, you wouldn't have anywhere near as much business helping people struggle through MC's shit interface."

"I have a cam system (not mastercam) that works well for me, and mastercam invokes no strong feelings in me, good, bad or otherwise. Hence why I said I had no horse in this race. Calling me a "hater" is laughable and honestly, it makes you sound like a 12 year old girl."

"I was calling you out on your bullshit assertion that the reason people dislike mastercam is that they don't know how to use it. Such a claim is incredibly insulting to the guys are familiar with it and have posted their opinions of it."

"Oh, I believe you 100% since MC is poorly designed."

"Yeah, Mastercam is old school dog shit."

****** Mastercam rocks. I miss those high speed toolpaths.
Reply to
vinny

"vinny" on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 06:26:14 -0400 typed in alt.machines.cnc the following:

From the reports I've gotten, while Mastercam may not be the Best in Show for design, it seems that it is deemed Best in Show for those in the know, when it comes to plotting efficient tool paths. Which really does matter, in the world of production. Apparently jon-boi doesn't know enough about real world machining to understand how that matters. Pretty pictures are one thing - least amount of time between cycle starts is another.

I'll admit, my experience as a machinist caused a problem - I had limited depth of cut as one should do when milling metals, and had a run time of 20 minutes. But this is for a wax block - and that limit is unnecessary, removing it cut run time down to 2 minutes. Is this the fun part? Are we having fun yet?

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

So, you were not telling the truth before that point in time?

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT