Some interesting SWGeeks forum topics

Over at the swgeeks site there are a couple of intetrsting forum topics i would love to have ya'll chime in on:

SolidWorks 2009 - Have you tried it yet:

This is your chance to rant or rave about your experiences with SolidWorks 2009 but please no flame wars :)

Ask a blogger -

We currently have 8 bloggers who are members of the swgeeks site who would love to answer any questions you may have about SolidWorks, blogging or anything related. but please....be nice :)

Alex R. Ruiz

The SolidWorks Geek

Why? Because it has a better user interface than 2008? How does SolidWorks 2009 make it easier to deal with non-native geometry and understand someone else's design intent? Is there some reason a tutorial on this can't be found on your blog? Maybe because the tools don't exist in SolidWorks 2008 or the coming SolidWorks 2009 to make either of these tasks any easier? Think there is any chance, Alex that I'm going to let this FACT go unnoticed?

Because your a pussy and don't want to really expose SolidWorks, Pro/ E, etc. for not having the needed real world tools? Because many people who use SolidWorks, Pro/E, etc have no problem remodeling the part and get paid to do it? I've been there and I've made a lot of money doing just this. The difference is I know how wrong it really is and I say it where you and the rest of the SolidWorks bloggers sweep this FACT under the rug.

How about I'll be as nice as SolidWorks, Pro/E and other parametric, history based modelers play with non-native data. Is that nice enough?

If your going to just push your blog here expect this kind of response from me.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

[...]

Explain IN YOUR OWN WORDS how Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology will help a user understand the design intent of someone else's non-native imported model....................................

That's what I thought.....you can't answer.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

That's interesting. I use Solidworks in the "real world", (I actually own a legal, current seat, how about you?), and I think it's a great piece of software.

If you spent your time trying to learn the software, instead of complaining about it and watching demos of other software, perhaps you'd actually be able to make it function?

Reply to
Joe788

[...]

?

Reply to
jon_banquer

That's what I thought.....you can't answer because you're clueless.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

Clueless

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

Vinny, dude, it would be much more productive/therapeutic for you to just talk to a brick. At least with a brick, you wouldn't have to decipher insane, irrelevant, and incorrect rantings. If you feel you must talk to jb hisself, just call up one of Barney's pics, and talk to them.

Note, however, nary a peep from jb regarding your points/requests. As usual.

Reply to
DrollTroll

Certainly not anything Tom Brewer or Matt Lombard might design. Maybe you need to read between the lines of what SpaceClaim and Siemens are really saying. ;>)

You and others really should watch this video.

Isn't this a much nice approach to modeling?

Hybrid modeling should be an attempt to get surface and solid tools to act similar and not make you feel like your using two different tools inside one modeler.

That's why I modified hybrid modeling to be-> Seamless, Unified, Hybrid Modeling, which I stole from Florida based VX.

To this day, VX surface and solid tools still feel more unified / seamless to me than SolidWorks approach.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I love the internet. Where else can someone get called a pussy just because they want to share information without dealing with politics. You rock Jon... I never spoke to you before but you are a class act.

Alex R. Ruiz

Reply to
The SolidWorks Geek

I'd be happy to tell you the same thing to your face, Alex.

Again, that would be:

"You're a pussy and don't want to really expose SolidWorks, Pro/ E, etc. for not having the needed real world tools. Many people who use SolidWorks, Pro/E, etc have no problem remodeling the part and get paid to do it. I've been there and I've made a lot of money doing just this. The difference is I know how wrong it really is and I say it where you and the rest of the SolidWorks bloggers sweep this FACT under the rug."

Probably not to the same 3 cord tunes you mostly likely prefer. I say this because you favor limited software, that like 3 chord music, seems to me to be missing something.

Jon Banqeur San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Careful there little man, you could again end up on the floor again like you managed to do at Westec. Only an idiot would make a statement like that. Oh, that's right, you qualify for that title.

gk

Reply to
gk

That's okay... I don't resort to violence unless I am threatened. Jon poses no threat, he is harmless.

Reply to
The SolidWorks Geek