Techniques That Don't Work For Making Money In This Economy

Is buying used Chinese Kurt knock off vises at an auction and being stupid enough to think they are a bargain at any price a good technique?

Is listening to your typical Southern California moron like James Meyette and buying the most expensive Japanese machines from the company he works for a good technique?

Is using a badly outdated, modal CADCAM systems like Mastercam or Gibbscam, which lack the low level automation that FeatureCAM has had for years, a good technique?

Is keeping your almost state of the art Japanese horizontal milling machines running making parts for automatic machine guns that get sold to Mexican drug cartels because it's the only way you can make the payments like Joe788 most likely now has do a good technique?

Is whining about some high tech startup not being able to get funding that a fool like John Carrol invested in and who will probably end up getting purchased for pennies on the dollar by a cash rich company like the one I work for or just going t*ts up a good technique?

If you want real techniques that work in this economy you stop listening to morons and you buy high quality used equipment for pennies on the dollar and you do it without borrowing money from banks, finance companies, etc.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

Reply to
jon_banquer

Is working for a shop that does not believe in preventive maintenance on their low dollar POS Haas, that uses, in your own words, "a badly outdated, modal CADCAM system like Mastercam", a company that has a reputation for filing bullshit lawsuits, a good technique?

Can you compete with a H plus 630 using your 760V....and yes....the

630 is paid for and new. who has the better technique there?
Reply to
Zymrgy

All of our machines are under preventative maintenance with Haas Factory Outlet. Perhaps a more intelligent question to ask is what kind of training do Haas Factory Outlets get and how good are their maintenance people in San Diego, CA? This might make a lot more sense that believing any of the lies and B.S. that liars like Joe788 and Tom Brewer post. Think you?re up to the task?

How's our stock price? Who won the Nokia law suit? Who wins most of these law suits? Is reality important or is it just easier for you to believe someone who after many years in the trade makes less than many of our janitors and who has a boss who is so freaking stupid he purchases used Chinese Kurt knock off vises at an auction and thinks he got a real bargain.

We don't do production. Explain why we would we need H plus 630?

We don't have a Matsuura 760V.

Vulcan Industries in Phoenix did and he's still my client. Making ASSumptions like many of the idiots in alt.machines.cnc leads to making many, many mistakes. Try asking first. You won't make such a fool of yourself next time.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

Reply to
jon_banquer

Funny it's the first time you mentioned it. When did this start?

Do your oil gages on your automatic lube systems still "always" read zero?

Do your tools still always bang out of the spindle and randomly shoot through the carrousel dropping into the work area?

Do you still not perform daily operator checks when you are operating them?

No, the intelligent question is why are you paying for PM agreement if you're not receiving the service?

All I did was quote you Jon, that makes them your lies not mine. Please post ONE example of a lie I made.

Don't see anything in here about Solidworks so why did you crosspost to the SolidWorks Group?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[ The US International Trade Commission dropped the Nokia lawsuit due to pending arbitration. ]

Don't need to lose too many near billion dollar lawsuits for it to start hurting. [ Qualcomm to Pay Broadcom to Settle a Patent Dispute

Published: April 27, 2009

Qualcomm has agreed to pay $891 million over four years to Broadcom, a chief rival, to settle a contentious patent dispute over technology used in the microprocessors that power mobile phones.

Qualcomm has suffered a series of legal setbacks in the dispute. In June 2007, Broadcom prevailed in a jury trial in federal court in California after it claimed that Qualcomm had violated three patents that include methods for transmitting high-speed data over cellphones.

A week later, the United States International Trade Commission ruled that Qualcomm had violated a separate Broadcom patent that governed power management in cellphone chips. Broadcom asserted that Qualcomm was using the technology without paying licensing fees. ]