The Truth About OneCNC Crapware

As posted in the CADCAM Forum of Practically Worthless Machinist by "Edster"

"I own onecnc xr2 expert with 4th axis, and featurecam 2.5d which includes 4th axis. I also owned onecnc lathe and replaced it with featurecam lathe. It seems to me onecnc is skimping on 2.5d and focusing on 3d and hoping nobody will miss the 2.5d stuff. The only

2.5d pocketing toolpath was horrible in one cnc. Want the software to change a feedrate around a corner or have a second roughing pass cut only what is needed to cut, no way! How about cut a pocket with multiple islands efficiently, not possible in one cnc. A lot of the modifications in the new version of xr3 were already in more established cam systems anyway, so if you want software that's always playing catchup to the other guys go with onecnc. It seems to me that simple stuff like the ability to handle multiple fixtures should be taken care of before moving to 3d development. I was programming most simple jobs by hand because onecnc wasn't that good at 2.5 parts which make up the majority of the work at my shop. It makes no sense to me to make a model of a 2.5d part when I can just program it and go in featurecam and get better toolpaths."

This is actually just the tip of the iceberg on this crapware.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
larryrozer

I gotta ask, who is larry rozer?

Reply to
vinny

One of the few posting names that SVL doesn't own.

Jon Banquer San Diego,CA

Reply to
larryrozer

Larry-the-Loser-AKA-Jon-the-Donk-Banquer

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

"I don't give a shit becaus"OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer -

"then moved on to developing OneCNC he has delivered on creating a good CADCAM system." -Jon Banquer-

"Companies like OneCNC have proven you can be a successful company without really targeting Auto and Aero." - Jon Banquer -

"OneCNC has a good product that will get even better under Bob Francis direction. This newsgroup could use more factual info presented in an honest manner in regards to OneCNC. " - Jon Banquer -

"My advice would be to get your feet wet with a bargain basement CAD/CAM system such as OneCNC." - Jon Banquer -

Reply to
brewertr

Posted today to Practically Worthless Machinist by "Edster". This post is further confirmation of what I have said for well over a year... OneCNC XR2 doesn't properly support multiple fixture offsets. Bottlebob got it wrong, Weedwacker is too stupid to know what proper multiple fixture offset support is and Joe 788 is still lying about crapware he has no clue about. It's bad enough Joe788 can barely use Mastercam even though he's been trying to learn how to use it for many years.

"I bought onecnc around the time they came out with xr. I upgraded to xr2, and I've seen the rapid rate of development of the software. I don't really understand why the 2.5d development is lacking so much. If the company is able to figure out complex nurbs calculations what is the big deal with fixing the 2.5d stuff. I did try the 3d toolpaths for some 2.5d stuff but the problem was with z level roughing it's using what looks like the 2.5d pocketing path. It might be model aware but it's still the same clumsy path. They might have fixed some of the problems with xr3, but they just released that a few months ago. I've been using featurecam for a couple of years now. They don't have as rapid of a development rate as onecnc, but that's because they have something that works well and they don't need so much devolopment. I will keep onecnc for now and I probably will upgrade to xr3, but not untill xr4 is about ready to come out and I can get the xr3 upgrade practically free But that's because I'm probably using it 5% of the time now.

Btw, they added templates, but do they have multiple tool cribs, I have one for each machine with the specific tool numbers for each tool, and I can easily switch them or switch tools from a master library to each machine. Featurecam also has something similar to the templates, it's called machining attributes, and it can be customized so featurecam defaults to what you have set in the attributes. You can also have a specific machining attribute file for each part if you need to tweek certain things, or have a family of parts, or want differrent attributes for different machines. Has one cnc added any multiple fixture support to the software?"

Jon Banqeur San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Multiple fixture offset support still doesn't exist in OneCNC XR3 their latest and greatest release according to their worthless shill HuFlungDung. (Murray)

As posted today to Practically Worthless Machinist:

"Multiple fixture support? No nothing totally automated yet. Of course you can duplicate any operation or group of operations and change the workshift, and drag them around in order to suit. This is the 'official method'. Can make a mighty big program though"

Why anyone would buy OneCNC crapware at this point is beyond me. The owner of OneCNC, Bob Francis is badly out of touch with reality and the tools needed in most machining job shops. Too bad. It could be decent software and it got off to a good start. This is what happens when you go on a massive ego trip like Bob Francis is on and surround yourself with idiots like HuFlungDung (Murray).

At least liar Bob Francis got rid of his bullshit slogan: "The Worlds Best CADCAM. Period."

What a total crock that was.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

No Jon, you claimed it couldn't output multiple fixture coordinates. After you were proved 100% on, ON VIDEO, you "moved the uprights" once again.

You NEVER knew there was a drop down tab for G54, G55, G56 etc. You claimed it couldn't be done with massive G code editing.

You were wrong, and won't own up to it.

"Have to go now... if you want to run multiple parts with OneCNC XR2 and control your tools you have to do a lot of cutting and pasting of G code. : ( " - Jon Banquer, lying, clueless, CNC Nomad

As far as Mastercam goes, you're clearly a beginner, as evidenced by your constant return to CNCZone under multiple user names, begging for the most simple beginner help. Did you figure out those dastardly branch points yet? Still can't select a chain?

"Hey Slimy, we're still transforming geometry and breaking at intersections as this is what our shop has done for many years." - Jon Banquer, lying, clueless, CNC Nomad

Reply to
Joe788

Reply to
Joe788

Woof Woof...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

[...]

"I don't give a shit because "OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug

31 2003

"OneCNC he has delivered on creating a good CADCAM system." - Jon Banquer - Aug 23, 2003

"OneCNC looks good." - Jon Banquer - Aug 31 2003

"My advice would be to get your feet wet with a bargain basement CAD/CAM system such as OneCNC." - Jon Banquer - May 7, 2005

"OneCNC has a good product" - Jon Banquer - May 11 2005

"Companies like OneCNC have proven you can be a successful company without really targeting Auto and Aero." - Jon Banquer - July 30,

2006
Reply to
brewertr