When Will Solid Edge With S/T Be Released?

They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two weeks.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Jon,

Didn't you say it would be released end of last month beginning this month and we could hold you to it?

Wasn't it where you claimed inside sources?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two weeks.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I got notice in email and posted it earlier, it was released today aug

15 at 2pm.. my var said that it may not be in the mail for a week while its being manufactured,,, somehow I think its probably already produced and will be in mailboxes within a week.

Im looking forward to it

My var had also planned earlier for the first training at end of aug... looks like that may happen also

I might be out of town on a project then however and might have to wait

Phil scottt

Reply to
phil scott

How is it considered released if not mailed?

You keep posting in alt.machines.cnc but you have no connection to machines, machining or CNC's. You keep posting in comp.cad.solidworks and if I read your posts correctly you have never used and don't own SolidWorks. Are you a Siemens shill?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Thanks, Phil. I didn't really understand your other post and I really appreciate this clarification.

I think both you and I are really going to enjoy Solid Edge with S/T. If Siemens does a good job or marketing, Solid Edge with S/T is going to radically change the market. If not, others will fill the vacuum.

You made a good choice and you can hold me to that as well. ;>)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You bought SolidEdge?

Reply to
brewertr

thats seimens term... I suppose it means that it is going to press or has gone to press, and is 'released for production'... in the engineering business we have term used on the final set of drawings 'released for construction'... that means we are finished..it doesnt mean the drawings are even out of our office yet for example.

I dont post to multiple ng's deliberately, some others do and i dont notice, when I respond to them my response goes to NG's that I did not intend... I do have some cnc experience though.. not machining but debugging a large 5 axis mill situation at boeing...first cloo was all the mills were having the same problems with scrap rates.

they were keeping their huge titanium billets out in the weather then taking them inside for machine operations...at 72 degrees F..so the billets shrunk or expanded during the milling process ... I detected the cause by asking for a chart on scrapped material then graphed the dates of manufacture... worst in hottest and coldest weather. I had em move the billets inside.

I am not an SE shill, but I do like what I see so far... I'll know more in a week or two when I get synchronous. SE plain vanilla has been easier to learn that inventor, maybe 4x easier, but its still a lot of work. It has several features I like lot from a graphics presentation perspective...you can overlay several different sectioning patterns to get some impressive effects.. you can do 2d diagrams, wiring etc..then move the components and the wire follows (within limits, dont try to move it across too much other stuff).

I went there, couldnt find a discussion group, just links to seimens offerings etc.

Ok thanks, a group link...I'll check it out.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

I found IV one massive pain in the ass to learn and operate with...Im sure its good for many things but most of us only use maybe 1% of such capability, the rest just makes life way too complicated. SE plain vanilla is about 1/4 as complex... my guess SW is also.

SE synch though if it works as advertized or even close will change a lot of lives... even with some bugs and limitations I will probably find it a small miracle for what I do. (no machining, no close tolerances as a rule..just pipe, controls wiring, equipment component drawings and equipment layout).. maybe for some of the complex functions others deal with it will have issues.

yes, thanks again for the tip.. it was a big deal for me on this end. .Id bet it will be in my mail box by next week.

if its 100x easier/ faster than existing cad, just an hour or two on the first tutorial will make that clear...I'll be effusive as hell about SE if that turns out to be the case

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

jonnie is a mistake. too bad we can't erase him.

Reply to
madcadman

They start training classes for Solid Edge with S/T on August 27th. Seems to me that Solid Edge with S/T will be released in the next two weeks.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Tom,

He already said that that is not what he does. I think it is up to you or Jon B to submit the mold to the var and see what happens.

I look forward to a report from Phil on how SE with ST works for him.

I also hope that there maybe some mold makers or multi axis guys out there who use SE for complex solids who will report on how it works for them with ST.

Von

Reply to
Von Pearsall

in that case I sould have it by mid next week... it would have been mailed friday the 15h or maybe Monday the 18th.

Reply to
phil scott

thats a good test, i wish engineers were hired that way...

we will have to wait and see how it actually shakes out... my guess is that for some items it will be

100x faster, for many just a little faster, and for some, no way to do it.. has to use another set of algorithms. entirely.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

My guess would be that most people who use Solid Edge with S/T won't really care because they will be too busy enjoying it to easily modify their and others designs rather than fighting the software like you have to do in SolidWorks, Pro/E, Inventor and other parametric-history based solid modelers.

The big question I have is who's going to be next to offer what Solid Edge with S/T has or advance this technology?

SpaceClaim?

Co-Create?

KeyCreator?

IronCAD?

SolidWorks 2010?

"The announcement also reinforces Gartner=92s prediction that a new generation of CAD will replace procedural history-based modeling as the mainstream approach to mechanical CAD."

"If its synchronous technology works well in production, Siemens will set new standards for manufacturers' expectations from all mechanical computer-aided design."

"Siemens has correctly focused on software performance and ability to share and reuse features and parts across different mechanical CAD systems as its value proposition. Gartner clients report these as two key CAD =93pain points.=94 Siemens will grab mind share and significantly more mechanical CAD market share if the technology proves itself among early adopters."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

My guess would be that most people who use Solid Edge with S/T won't really care because they will be too busy enjoying it to easily modify their and others designs rather than fighting the software like you have to do in SolidWorks, Pro/E, Inventor and other parametric-history based solid modelers.

The big question I have is who's going to be next to offer what Solid Edge with S/T has or advance this technology?

SpaceClaim?

Co-Create?

KeyCreator?

IronCAD?

SolidWorks 2010?

"The announcement also reinforces Gartner?s prediction that a new generation of CAD will replace procedural history-based modeling as the mainstream approach to mechanical CAD."

"If its synchronous technology works well in production, Siemens will set new standards for manufacturers' expectations from all mechanical computer-aided design."

"Siemens has correctly focused on software performance and ability to share and reuse features and parts across different mechanical CAD systems as its value proposition. Gartner clients report these as two key CAD ?pain points.? Siemens will grab mind share and significantly more mechanical CAD market share if the technology proves itself among early adopters."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

I wish there was a badass product out there man, but I just cant believe it. It's become so status quot, so mediocre...so lame.

Not since camax have I been impressed. And that was a loooong time ago.

Reply to
vinny

For the example I said mold or complex assembly but it could be what ever product Phil designs to check the 100x faster/better claim.

It wouldn't mean anything to Phil if not used on his work. The mold was a bad example from the beginning since ST as I understand it doesn't work with surfaces.

It is interesting to know what is delivered vs. hype, as others have said if it's half as good it will be worth the money. However just drawing or editing a part is a small portion of the total.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

[...]

When are you buying YOUR seat?