controllers to drive a single phase 24V dc brushless motor

Hi,

I am working on the brake-by-wire system of an autonomous vehicle project, and I would like to know if there exist any controllers to drive a 'SINGLE PHASE' 24V brushless dc motor (yes, this might sound 'weird').

-Gautam

Reply to
Gautam Jain

Unless I missed a meeting, a single phase brushless dc motor is otherwise called a galvanometer or a torque motor. If you want continuous rotation, you have to do something differently.

Did you perhaps mean to say 'unipolar'?

I suspect this app note is on point to what you seek:

It talks about an Infineon chip that can control a six- phase unipolar brushless dc motor without using an encoder. Okay, it just hits the high points.

More detail here:

You can probably schmooze a lot more out of Infineon.

-Mike-

Reply to
Mike Halloran

Gautam,

Could you tell us more about your single phase motor - like does it have a center tap? If so, one possibility is the LS7261. (if not - it would be weird).

By the way, are you THE Gautam Jain of the famous Redteam?? and might the autonomous vehicle be Sandstorm or it's new sibling?

Regards, ;-)

Reply to
Kevin Gomez