can petrobond be fixed?

I've added too much oil to the petrobond that I have. Is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks,

Qiset

How about pressing it out. Think plunger and have a runout spout.

Think grape press. Flea market - E-Bay ? This sounds like the best.

Martin

Mart> I've added too much oil to the petrobond that I have. Is there

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote: (clip) Think grape press. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If you could find a grape press, I doubt that it would get all the excess oil out. Remember that foundry sand grains wedge against each other to form sort of a porous solid--that's what makes it into a mold. Do you know how much excess oil you put in? I suggest you buy some more dry sand, and blend it with the stuff you have to produce a usable proportion. If that would be too big a batch, just use part of your wet sand at a time, until you have eventually worked it down.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Try wicking out the oil - paper towel would absorb nicely.

Have you added rosin ? It is used to flow around and make smooth sides. It will absorb a good deal as it 'lubes' up.

Mart> "Martin H. Eastburn" wrote: (clip) Think grape press. (clip)

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Qiset