Is this aluminum?

The wheel. You should be able to zoom in. Notice it has a chip in what otherwise looks like aluminum. Do they bake the outer surface somehow to make it look grainy and shiny? I would think that just brushing it or polishing it would work, but I dunno.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

I uploaded the inner side...

"chipped aluminum 2"

It's much darker. Looks and feels like plastic to me, but I've been confused about the issue before. I suppose taking a saw to it would tell, but I'd rather not.

Reply to
John Doe

It's some form of plastic. The type looks to be stamped below the recycling symbol.

Reply to
Scott M

And the surface can be done in 3-D printing or casting easily. I agree it is a form of plastic - I don't know the type. But it appears to be

100% recycled content. That is popular to reuse plastic when the part is bounced in assembly or in the field.

I'm looking into doing that in my 3-D printer setup. I'll collect scraps and then decide what and how. I have found sources for recycle and make more material from it.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn