Liability & responsibility of electrician?

*Every* house I've ever lived in had 3-phase "on the pole". None had 3-phase service, though. My father wanted 3-phase service when they built their house in '59, but the power company wanted a minimum of $100/mo just to bring it down from the pole to the weather head. Wasn't worth it for him to work at home.
Reply to
krw

MANY street transformers are single phase only in residential areas. The main feed would in all likelihood be 3 phase, with phases separated to feed different streets/loops. Getting 3 phase power to a building in areas like this is VERY expensive.

Reply to
clare

For SOME value of populated that may be true, but almost every where I have lived, has only singe phase on the poles, in residential areas. Nearest 3 ph to me is at least a half mile.

jk

Reply to
jk

Are you sure? Perhaps it is just that way where you live.

Southern California distributes 208 ungrounded delta configuration in the industrial park I was in at my last job.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Sure they did. Where did you get your 120 volts from?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Our building used one of the phases to feed a step down transformer that supplied 240 center tapped secondaries to us for standard services. Any power supply we made that was more than 1kW meant that we could not use our standard feeds to test it, so we had to get one leg of a three phase feed fed into our lab, which we found to be not respective to ground.

So our "120" came from whatever manner the power company used to supply the entire area. Step down transformers with the center tap of the secondary grounded at the pole, and at the service entrance and panel. No big mystery.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Set your goddamned PC clock right, you absolute retard.

Reply to
AwlSome Auger

Id be happy to do just that. Or he can meet me in Orange County.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

And these pussified retards claim to be civil members of our community.

Your heart will come calling again, aschhole. When it does, I'll still be here. God put me here to watch the passing of the world.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Highly doubtful. The odds are much more favorable that one day you WILL piss off the wrong person. Indeed, we haven't heard from the military guy whose girlfriend you were so vulgar with. And he was locally SD based, right? We'll know he's reached you when we see you posting apologies. You are such a prick!

Reply to
Richard Cranium

He is a troll. Here are some of his sock puppets:

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever Bart! Bungalow Bill

Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Corbomite Carrie DarkMatter

Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard

FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \Jackie\" Gleason"

HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy LargeMarge MadManMoon

MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium

Neanderthal Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

SoothSayer Spurious Response StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa

The Great Attractor

TheGlimmerMan TheKraken The Last Mimsy TheQuickBrownFox

snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade ValleyGirl WallyWallWhackr

AwlSome Auger life imitates life DarkSucker Kai scorpius

Sum Ting Wong

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He creates a new puppet about every other week, when people stop replying to him.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your mother should be jailed for the felony crime of not flushing the piece of shit that you are, the moment she shat you out of the piece of shit ass that she is.

Just so you know, dumbfuck, numerical age, does not a man make, and you are the proof of that.

Reply to
Bart!

I am related to Presidents. You?

Reply to
Bart!

As long as I get to shove it down your throat and gag you with it.

Otherwise, just like you, it gets cast away with the rest of the slimy garbage.

Do you have any more adolescent level baby bullshit, little boy?

Reply to
Bart!

You're a goddamned idiot. Were what you are saying true, I would discontinue using the old ones, and that is not the case. I use every nym I ever have, and it has nothing to do with your petty little old fart pussy boy assessments.

Your flawed assessment matches your character flaws to a tee, Mikey.

I hope the infection in that jaw bone crawls up to your brain at a little faster rate. I hope it gets you, right as you think you are about to get it. Oh, and oh yeah... serious pain should accompany it.

That is the kind of response a twit like you has garnered, Mikey.

Reply to
life imitates life

No, it is absolutely right. My post headers ID the source, and THAT is ALL you or anyone else needs to know about me. I have no legal or moral requisite to ID myself to you at a personal level.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Yawn! Same old, same old. Looks like Archie has run out of drivel. Well, he still can explain his claim of celibacy. Tell us all about how you made that choice Archie.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

You are related to Presidents???

I guess you're referring to Obama's last dump.

Reply to
Richard Cranium

*He* didn't. Isn't that pretty obvious?
Reply to