Making homemade tooth braces. - don't laugh :- )

I like to build my own stainless steel or silver teeth braces because I love building medical devices for personal use. I was inform by a grade school teacher 15 years ago that my teeth is overdue for an alignment, regrettably, I never went through with her advice. Anyway, there are no place that sells braces materials and I've no health insurance and in debt from a recent medical bill.

I'm a fast healer and have a metal working - machine shop. What materials/glue do I need to start constructing braces? How would you approach this problem differently?

Thanks

Reply to
Tibur Waltson

Suppose so,,,,, but do not get into the Jarvic please ...... its patented.

We use Pep Boys over here ........

I consulted my dental hygienist as to why my SAT scores were so low too.

Order from Rocky Mountain ..... sign your request Dr. Carabelli.

Drill press, metal lathe ,,,,,,,,,,, ummm more later.

Why differently? What you describe is just perfect.

JOEL

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen D.D.S.

I don't think any one here would recommend home orthodontics as a good plan of action. When I was a dental student I had a patient who made her own braces out of paper clips, buttons, and rubber bands. Surprisingly, she had the right basic idea, however, her materials were incapable of completing the task, and all she really accomplished was the irritation of her gums and decaying of several teeth.

My personal opinion is that you'd be better off not trying this on your own.

Tony Bad