Plasma, tig, mma all in one unit

Hi there,

I'm new to the group and pretty new on welding. I MIG and gas at the moment and am wanting to buy a plasma cutter and a tig welder mainly for stainless steel work (hobby/metal sculpting) and came across a unit that does both.

To my novice eye its specs look pretty good, but apart from the obvious problem with buying a multipurpose unit (ie if it stops working then you cant do any of the functions) is there any other problems with it? I cant find many other companies doing multipurpose units so wondered if they were problematic.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Specs are:

Power voltage (V):AC220±15% Power factor:0.93 Rated input current(A):28(CUT) No-load loss(W):40 Output current (A):20-40(CUT) Housing Protection grade:IP21 Rated output volt.(V):120(CUT) Rated output current(A):40(CUT) Insulation grade :B Max thickness(mm):12(CUT) Duty cycle (%):60 Efficiency(%):85 Weight(kg):15 Dimensions(mm):430×205×300s Power Frequency:50/60Hz

TIG Rated Input Current(A):16 Output Current Range(A):15-160 Rated Output Voltage(V):17 Advising Gas Flux(Lmin):2-5 Arcing Way:FH

MMA Rated Input CurrentA):23 Output Current Range(A):15-150 Rated Output Voltage(V):26 Max. Wire Diameter:3.2

PLASMA Cutting Rated Input CurrentA):28 Output Current Range(A):20-40 Rated Output Voltage(V):120 Loophole Inner Diameter:1.2 Advising Air Pressure(Mpa):0.4 Max. Welding Thickness(mm): 1-12 Arcing Way:FH

Its a Chinese unit and details can be found at

Cheers

Gay

Reply to
brazen

Check this site out and look for the combination machine. It's listed at $1899 but they also cuttently have it on auction for $1699.00 buy it now price. I noticed that the previous buyer feedback indicates these machine are great.

Looks very interesting!

Phil

Reply to
DivTec