Silver Soldering

Hey folks,

I'm trying to teach myself to do some silver soldering. Does anyone know of a good pamflet, book or website that reviews the differents alloys and their melting temperatures, and specific metals they are good for soldering? My current project involves soldering two pieces of mild steel solid enough to do an interrupted cut on my lathe.

I'm planning on using my propane or MAPP (Methyl Acetylene Propadiene) torch to melt it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan (Seattle WA)

Reply to
Dan Miller

Dan any good welding supply shop should be able to give you some information another source would be jewelers supply shops i would run a search thru google or yahoo for manufactuers and there they would have a lot of info

Reply to
William Roberts