How can I calculate the ampere turns necessary for an electromagnet?

I know the size of a piece of iron to be magnetized and the density of the gauss per CM . How can I calculate the ampere turns necessary for that magnet?

Reply to
Apachedan

shape, size of airgap between in the magnetic path? The latter and the flux density will be the dominant factors rather than the iron itself.

Reply to
Don Kelly