Megger/Wheatstone Bridge to a good home?

I've been given a Megger (500V Hand Generator), it's not actually a Wheatstone bridge, but it does do the Varley Bridge measurement.

Resistance measurement from MegOhms to MilliOhms!

I've already got one, which I use for accurate resistance measurement (Box is about 9" cube) and I don't need another!

Free to a good home!

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Very generous, but why not put it on Ebay and donate the profit to charity?

If you can't be bothered, I would happily put it on for you and send you the link so you could see how much it made and send you the charity receipt for the amount it got, less postage and listing costs.

If you haven't ever sold anthing on Ebay - why not make this the first?

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

They are actually used for testing electrical insulation (you know by electricians!!). For accurate resitance measurements you'd be better off spending a fiver on a brand new DVM from Maplin (they are in the bins near the tills). Why do you want to measure accurate resistance anyway? The tolerances of resisters used in electronics are as wide as barn doors.

Still stick it on ebay and you might get for a quid for it.

(that's 3869235592)

--73 de G1LVN GB3SL (Yes GB3SL) streaming audio at:

G1LVN

At this moment, there ar rain clouds moving southward to Port au Prince, Haiti. When they get there, in a few hours, the rivers will carry all the rubbish and sewage from the whole city into the slums of Cite Soleil. The shacks typically fill with raw sewage to waist-height and parents have to stand, holding up their children, for the hours until the water subsides. There is no high ground to run to. Apart from the area around the President's Palace, most of the city gets electricity for a couple of hours a day. Cite Soleil gets none at all, so people have to endure this in total darkness - year after year after year. I can picture it because I worked there, pursuing my hobby working as a volunteer for an organised charity..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

And from what you say, you made no difference at all to the emotive scene that you describe; because, as you say, this still happens year after year. (Despite that you were pursuing the hobby that made you feel good at the time, and that, seemingly, makes you feel self-satisfied today.)

If I wanted a break > > I am opposed to organised charities which are a means

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Will it measure polarised resistors?

MILLIOHM measurements with a 500V generator???

You're always saying you build all your own gear.

Will require de-lousing and fumigation.

...(_!_)...

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

That is why he has the "Big M" correction factor (or did he mean milliOhm?)

Not to mention the normal name for the bridge used to measure low resistance being he Kelvin Bridge (note the Big K).

It was, at one time, sometimes known as the Kelvin-Varley bridge but things have developed a bit since then.

Reply to
Brian Reay

I see that FRANCES TURNIP-SMELLY remains as infantile as she has always been, and also displays her ignorance - for the milliOhm readings, the generator is applied to a bridge circuit. (I believe FRANCES to be one of life's failures who went to the "University Of Life" but who came away without a degree)

I see that Mr.Reay cannot resist an > > > I've been given a Megger (500V Hand Generator), it's not

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Airy R.Bean wrote: (abridged version)

(I believe FRANCES to be

I say that such a public display of childish

You See, Believe and say lots of things. But get this! - No-one gives a F**k.

Have a nice day!

Micky

Reply to
Micky Taker

Cité Soleil, seems a most inappropriate name for such a place.

Perhaps you could get the Yanks, who are responsible for most of the problems in that part of the world, to help?

Jock.

Reply to
Jock.

And go round youre house you weird prick to collect ? sure thing

Reply to
paul

: Airy R.Bean, village idiot wrote: : > I've been given a Megger (500V Hand Generator), it's not : > actually a Wheatstone bridge, but it does do the Varley : > Bridge measurement. : Will it measure polarised resistors? : > : > Resistance measurement from MegOhms to MilliOhms! : > : MILLIOHM measurements with a 500V generator???

if you know anything about these devices you will know that they dont use 500v on the milliohm scale. they select an appropriate voltage depending on the user scale/selection.

but going by your posting you dont. but you do now.

Reply to
ZZZPK

: That is why he has the "Big M" correction factor (or did he mean : milliOhm?)

i take it you dont know either!

Reply to
ZZZPK

: And go round youre house you xxxxx xxxxx to collect ? sure thing

ahhhhhh..isnt it nice to see such behaviour on two newsgroups.

strange how the dictionary-dot-com brigade havent picked you up on your spelling yet.

i'm sure they will be along in a moment. even the less important one.

Reply to
ZZZPK

I mustn be in Bean's kill file. He never replys to me.

Reply to
G1LVN

Am I right in thinking, you have had to resort to buying friends?

tox

Reply to
tox

OI, Beanie, put me back in your kill file immediately! I had worked out that the 500V was probably either for insulation tests or for connection to your private parts.

(I believe FRANCES to be

The University of Life is an excellent place provided, of course, that you have a life. That excuses YOU, Beanie. ...(_!_)...

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Subject: Re: Megger/Wheatstone Bridge to a good home? Newsgroup: alt.engineering.electrical => Jock. Perhaps you could get the Yanks, who are responsible for most of

Perhaps you could elaborate on your most asinine statement?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Do I need to? Have a look at Iraq.

Jock.