Need conduit advice

I am running pvc 2 inch conduit from my house to a detached garage. There is a 90 degree stubb in the concrete of the detached garage but it is angled a little bit off from the ditch and is barely below grade. I can with force attache the pvc run to it. However for about

10 feet of the run then it is above the required 18 inches. Seems I have two options:

1: use this existing sweeping 90 and encase the conduit where it is above 18 inches in concrete.

2: IAbandon this sweep 90 and install an LB on the outside wall. However, this is a metal building with corregated siding, which means the metal is not flat. Also, If I did attempt to install an LB on the flatest part of the metal it will not line up with my 2 inch knock out on my panel.

Does some sort of buriable flexable conduit exist that I could use to attach my conduit run to the existing sweep 90? This is 2 inch pvc conduit.

I appreciate any advice.

Reply to
stryped

If the horizontal run of the pipe is 18" down I have never seen an inspector bitch about the sweep. Most will even ignore a slight encroachment of the 18" rule if you are close. That is not saying there are no pricks out there.

Reply to
gfretwell

That is the problem. The sweep is 'too high" where it exits out of the concrete . This makes the attached 10 foot section at about 10 inches. Maybe I am worrign for nothing.

Reply to
stryped

If you are worried about it you could back fill that section with 2" of concrete. I have even seen people get away with using a row of concrete pavers. The code just says "concrete" it doesn't say poured concrete. You are just trying to stop a shovel. A backhoe will get it no matter what you use.

As for your shower wall. We will keep our fingers crossed. There is also a good chance you have a fire stop in there that you will have to drill through.

Reply to
gfretwell

Get a couple of factory 2" PVC 45 degree fittings and some couplings. These will allow you to drop the conduit rather quickly. Another (and more tricky) solution is to use a propane torch to heat up a 4"-6" area of the 90 degree sweep to bend it for it to point down 45 degrees. Then you can add one 45 degree fitting to it.

Reply to
Rich.