Power supply for max 100mW from powerline (none isolated)

Hello All,

I need to power a smal circuit (about 3 Volts, 30mA). This circuit need to be powered from the powerline (220VAC). The circuit need not to be isolated from the powerline.

I searched the internet for a simple solution for this, but could not find it. I hope there are special chips that do just this.

Does anybody has an idea?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks and greetings,

Cor Jansen.

Reply to
Cor Jansen

3vDC? The simplest solution is a diode and capacitor in series with the line in and another capacitor across the load. You can use a zener to limit the voltage across the load. I have used this for SSRs
Reply to
gfretwell

I agree but the OP might like to think about what a single component failure outcome might be.

The clearance box at Radio Shack (or equivalent) can be a good source of obsolete chargers going for pence - that is where my "come-in handy" box full of small supplies came from. One of these could possibly meet the requirement.

However: Just for fun (?) I have cracked open a few of them and been surprised to find that a number do have teensy SMPSU boards. Some implement a complex charging profile which often isn't what is required. I suppose that they could be modded but my eyesight isn't up to that any more. The standard mains transformer type is a better bet for this application..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Look at this. It may be useful.

Jeff Thon