Powering 2 2.8V1.68A motors?

Afternoon all,

I'm working on a project where 2 motors will drive string on either side of a pen to draw something on X and Y.

I need a power source though and want to get it right. The two motors are rated

2.8V1.68A each.

Do I need an exact power supply or can I use a 12V6A supply from an old video game haha.

Thanks.

Reply to
just4funandcuriosity

pen to draw something on X and Y.

rated 2.8V1.68A each.

game haha.

Don't use that supply- it will let the magic smoke out of the motors. Use a 3V supply but if you want variable speed- you might want a speed control circuit -I am assuming 3VDC. As long as the current rating is about 4A or more it will be OK

Reply to
Don Kelly

Appreciated. I will update with the result.

Thanks!

Reply to
just4funandcuriosity