Re: Harmonising UK with Europe.

I feel to swap a black neutral cable with a blue phase cable is asking for

> problems. I know it needs harmonizing but why not use new colours so there > were no mistakes? Already we have problems with "browed" neutrals. And using > same cable for earth and neutral and with a little sunlight on the cables > can you see the difference between Cream and Gray? Earth and Live ups! > anyway brown to brown black to black and grey to bits don't have same ring > as red to red yellow to yellow and blue to bits does it. It has been 23 > years since we stopped using red black and green on domestic flex and still > it still is found so how long before we get rid of old colours on permanent > systems. 50 years at least so I will never se the day when the old colours > will be gone.

I suppose what it really means is from now on, you don't ASSume anything about a wire unless you have checked BOTH ends or, as a miminum, done some quick voltage and resistance check to doublecheck what you "think" is going on is true.

I suspect you will start to see more gadgets that will help you quickly make these determinations.

> Eric > >
Reply to
John Gilmer