Re: Seeking information on the Basicon MC-1N (INS8073 based)

Hi Ed,

I have this Basicon MC-1N in mint condition and an EEPROM board that plugs into it and 2 parallel I/O boards that also plug into it. I can't remember what I used it for but I do remember it worked very well.

Here's the bad part or should I said Murphy's Law part. I think I just threw out the manuals to it last month! Figures... Huh?

I'll take a quick in the trash and see if its still there.

I have some super nostalgia stuff I'd also like to sell like one of the first Z80 ever made.

It was given to me by a Zilog Engineer at Zilog's first conference in Denver CO in the 1970's

The chip is white ceramic, all gold plated and radiation hardened "as they used to call it" (has a gold plated shield on top).

I also have a near mint portable orange plasma w/ 2ea 5 1/4 floppies. It has been in its case for over 20 years. I opened it once in the 1990s and plugged it in. It wouldn't finish coming up because the clock battery was dead. In those days, if no clock, no boot.

I hope you read this. I NEVER type anything online!

Now that I am about to send this off this prog wants to know what Forum / Newsgroup to post to.

THAT FIGURES! and that's why I HATE these things. I can't find anywhere your email request was so what in the hell Forum should i select.

I've bee in computers since 1965, programming IBM's octal machine 1404 (I think), the precursor to the IBM 360 system. Been there, seen it, done it all and seen rest etc. And this is an example of why I still think technology is still virtually useless.

The technology is almost good but it appears to me the technology has exceed the human's mental ability to use it so I think technology may slow down someday soon. Of course I've said that before!

Reply to
Paul Stockton