What electricity is really made of

Theories of Ed Leedskalnin, inventor of coral castle in Florida.

Backed up by experiments. You can buy his books and research his experiments yourself. They are real elementary physics experiments.

I'll summarize what he found out by experimenting with magnets. Just like physics considers an electron or proton to be the smallest unit of electric charge, there is a smallest unit of magnetism which he calls north and south pole individual magnets. They are free to flow in metals, in the air and in other things. The iron shavings around a bar magnet trace their path. From the North end of a magnet, there are many north pole magnets flowing out and going around the outside of the magnet and coming into the south pole of the magnet and then running in the metal and returning to the North pole. From the South pole of the magnet, there are many south pole magnets flowing out and going around the outside of the magnet and going into the North pole and flowing through the metal and returing to the South pole. Some flow straight out from the poles and don't return, but are replaced by others from the air.

Mineral, Vegetable and Animal Life, Copyright October 1945 By Edward Leedskalnin Quote: "The North pole magnets come out of the battery's positive terminal and South pole magnets come out of car battery's negative terminal. To be sure it is so, you get two pieces of soft steel welding rod four inches long, put them in clips and connect them with the car battery. Put those two loose rod ends together until the rod gets hot. Now test each of those rod ends you were putting together with a small needle-like horizontally hanging magnet. Then you will see the one which is connected with positive terminal is North pole magnet, and the one which is connected with negative terminal is South pole magnet (Like poles repulses, and unlike poles attract). You can change the rod peices, but every time the one is connected with positive terminal will be North pole magnet, and the one connected with negative terminal will be South pole magnet".

Experimenting with small magnets hung over a wire carring a current he concludes this: Electricity is really north pole magnets flowing out from the + terminal of a battery and flowing through the wire with a right hand twist and there is an opposite flow of south pole magnets coming out of the - terminal of a battery and flowing in the wire with a right hand twist. Modern electronics developed with the theoretical notion of a positive current flowing through a wire, but this is only a way of thinking about electricity to describe and quantify its effects. There is no real positive current flowing through the wire, because protons will not flow through a wire like electricity. Free electrons in the wire only have a slow drift speed, so negative charge cannot flow through a wire like electricity either. This idea of opposing north and south pole magnetic units flowing through a wire might be what is really happening in an electric current.

Electron is really a south magnetic pole unit.

Leedskalnin believed that electostatic force was really a magnetic force. He would describe an electrostatically charged piece of rubber this way: IN rubber the north and south pole magnetic units are not flowing like they are in a bar iron magnet, (he said the magnetic units flowing in an iron magnet are excess magnetic units that were added to the metal when it was magnetized) but in rubber they are stationary and they are the north and south pole magnetic forces that hold the rubber molecules together. This causes many small north and south magnetic poles on the same side of the rubber, and this is what causes the electrostatic charge. He proves this to be a magnetic force by attracting iron filings to an electrostatically charged rubber, and bringing a metal bar magnet near. When the bar magnet's poles are reversed by turning it to the other end, some of the iron filings jump off of the rubber. He believed the first approach of the bar magnet with its stronger field, reversed the magnetic fields of some of the iron filings and when the magnet was turned around, the magnetic fields repelled each other. He believed it was magnetic and not electrostatic.

He also detected South pole magnetic units flowing upward and North pole magnetic units flowing downward in the northern hemisphere, by hanging a long magnet in the middle and the south pole end would always hang down. To make it level, the south pole end needed to be longer. -- magnetic declination of compass needles.

Scientists cannot explain how Leedskalnin built coral castle. It was featured on IN Search of with Leonard Nimoy. He moved coral stones weighing as much as 28 tons with equipment designed to only lift 10 tons, and only lift it, not move it. People spying on him with binoculars signed sworn affidavits that they saw coral stones weighing tons, floating in the air like helium balloons.

My best guess is: He put a strong negative electric charge on them, (at night to avoid the photo electric effect) and the Earth's magnetic field pushed up on them and they floated.

According to him, a strong negative charge is really filling it with south magnetic pole units and the whole stone becomes a south magnetic monopole.

I experimented and made a cement brick weighing 15 pounds, to weigh 13 pounds. Did it twice and never tried it again.

Here: Cement brick weighing 15 pounds on bathroom scale. Check bathroom scale to see that it will weigh the same if taken off and put back on the scale. Car battery charger rated at 20 amps. Experiment must be done on a dark night, to avoid the photoelectric effect of light knocking the electrons (south pole magnets as E. L calls them) off of the cement. I did it on a cold night. The colder temperature might help keep resistance lower. I used a flashlight; don't point it at the brick. Use it to see the scale reading. [Leedskalnin did his work at night.] Experiment done on cement pavement in my back yard.

  • terminal connected to a large metal T shaped pole stuck in the concrete pavement. (I reasoned that I should channel away plus charge to allow a good amount of negative charge to get on the brick; so I connected to the pole. Cement brick is sitting on the scale. Soak the cement brick and cement pavement (between brick and pole and under scale) with water to help conductivity of the current. The negative terminal is connected to the brick on the scale. Battery charger has clamps. Run the charger for 6 or 7 minutes or longer or shorter vary it to get results. Run the charger at the highest power it will go if you have power settings. This is the important part. How you break the connection. The current is going from the plus terminal down the pole through cement pavement up through scale and through brick to the negative clamp that is on the brick. Break the connection by taking the cement brick off the scale. Turn off current and take off clamp from brick. Put brick back on scale. Check the weight and see if it decreased any. I did this 6 years ago and am telling you this from memory. You might vary this a little. I may be forgetting some minute details. Maybe I held the brick as I turned off the current or maybe I put it down in some dry place and then picked it up to put on the scale. Maybe I kept holding it and put it right back on the scale without putting it down first. - don't remember. Play around with it and do it slightly different ways, and check the weight when you put it back on the scale. If there is a slight 2 lb lessening in weight. Take brick off scale. Put it down. Pick it up a little while later and put in on scale again. See if weight went back up to the original amount. I have this written down somewhere, but I am writing this from memory. Play around with it and see if you get the lessening in weight. I did it twice and got the same 2 lb lessening in weight. Checked the scale to see if it was faulty. The scale wasn't faulty. It gave an accurate repeatable reading.

This experiment by Leedskalnin proves that magnetic monopoles do exist:

[...]

Modern physics about magnetism and electricity would say that those welding rods, after being disconnected, should not turn a compass needle. Leedskalnin shows that they do and each of them is a monopole. That experiment shows that modern physics is wrong to think that there is no such thing as a magnetic monopole.

That false assumption by science is what led to the invention of the electron. If there are no magnetic monopoles, then what is coming off the cathode in a cathode ray cannot be magnetic. So, J J thompson invented the electron to explain it. He should not have. Leedskalnin proves that monopoles exist with that experiment and what is coming off the cathode can be magnetic. Leedskanlnin's experiments showed that it is all magnetic, even what is flowing through the wire. He said, It is all magnetic, so where do these mysterious electron's come from?

Electrons do exist, but they are really south magnetic pole units. [Smallest unit of south magnetic magnetism.] Leedskalnin would call an electron a south pole magnet.

So what would be a proton. Maybe a neutron with a north pole magnet stuck to it?

What would be a photon? Maybe a north and south pole magnet orbiting each other and the wave effect of light is the same wave effect in the particle/wave duality of small particles in quantum mechanics. The faster they orbit, the higher the energy (more mass) and shorter wavelength of the particle wave.-- This is all speculation, trying to match Leedskalnin's ideas to other parts of electro/magnetism.

Atomic model. Nucleus is north pole magnets and neutrons with south pole magnets orbiting. -- maybe!

Getting it right is important. It can lead to a new understanding, new experiments and new ways to use it.

Leedskalnin apparently floated heavy coral stones on the earth's magnetic field because he understood it a different way. Note: Coral stone is full of cavities and maybe this will allow it to collect a higher charge.

Give Leedskalnin a nobel prize posthumously. Leedskalnin had a 4th grade formal education and weighed about 97 lbs. His experiments are detailed, and repeatable, and reasonable. Science rejected his views. -- Who would listen to him if he said his experiments show J J Thompson to be wrong? [He mentioned that Thompson is wrong.] I'm glad he put Coral Castle there in Florida. It seems like he was going to show them that he was right by giving them a problem they can't figure out. Sort of like getting revenge on the scientific community for rejecting him. He taught himself about magnets and electricity. Read up on it and built his own generator.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
stone

Dear stone:

Magnetism is just electric charge and relativistic length contraction. There are no little "north poles" and "south poles" floating out from battery posts.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

circular arguments all

____________________________________________________________________________ ___

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
hob

What's this story about the charged brick losing weight, and then regaining it. It's BS right?

How can a brick hold a charge?

Reply to
Dagelf

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:41:25 +0000, "stone" wrote in :

In other words, he starts by assuming that there are magnetic monopoles, ie north and south. However, this violates the second of Maxwell's laws, backed up by experiments, that Div[B] = 0, ie there are no magnetic monopoles.

Since he starts by assuming something that is false, his theory is already in jeopardy.

[...]

If some of the monopoles flow from the air, how come the air isn't magnetized? Isn't magnetism conserved the way charge is?

This would indicate that he considers magnetism as identically the same as charge, which we know is false by Faraday's Law and the experimental results on which Faraday's Law is based.

Oh geesh!! What a moron!!! Didn't he realize that the Earth has a magnetic field?? This is a 3rd grade experiment to show how soft steel or iron can acquire the Earth's magnetism after it has been heated. What happened? Did the magnanimous designer of the Coral Castle flunk out of 2nd grade? Oh I forgot, he was in Florida: the shining example of education, where algebra, science and logic are replaced by sex, drugs and guns.

[...]

Obviously he did a "Hubble Telescope" with his rods.

[...]

However, the lack of electrons are called "holes" which *can* flow. Anyway, none of that really matters, since the conventional direction of flow was developed by Benjamin Franklin just to make sense of electricity. If you take the opposite direction, ie flowing with the electrons, then you just change the sign in the current, but the equations (the part that counts) stays the same.

So why *does* negative charge flow throught a wire as shown by Thompson's experiments and Milikan's experiments?

No. Remember Div[B]=0 by experiment. So there are no magnetic monopoles after all.

What contradictions? The only contradictions I see are those in Mr Leedskalnin's theory.

Impossible. Radiated power is S=1/mu_0*Cross[E,B]. If an electron were a south magnetic pole unit, then a circulating electron would have Cross[E,B]=0, which would mean that it would not radiate, which it does. So Mr Leedskalnin is wrong.

[...]

Whoa, if there are the same number of north and south magnetic poles together, then under Mr Leedskalnin's theory, there is no charge, thus the existence of electrostatic charge is a contra- diction of his theory by his theory.

Obviously he is completely oblivious to electric induction, which is also the principle behind the capacitor. What a moron!

He is also ignorant of hysteresis. What a nincompoop! (At this point I don't care about my spelling.)

[...]

What's to explain? Good leverage explains it all. Just because some psycho-show doesn't believe science doesn't mean that scientists haven't figured it out.

Yeah, the show with other features like the hunt for "big tush" (Sasquatch) hosted by a guy that feals up whales. [smile]

Yeah, and affidavits prevent people from lying: right. [wink]

[snicker] The photo electric effect? You do realize that is the effect where electrons are knocked off metal by photons of energy E=hf when E is greater than the work function of the metal. So how does the photo electric effect (for metal) relate to coral?

But Div[B]=0!

Seeing how most scales have a Gaussian distribution about the true value with standard deviation of 10%, this means that the difference in weight is within 95% confidence due to random error. To make the experiment scientific, you should have repeated it with at least 3 different scales and with no less than 500 times on each scale to eliminate random error with

99% confidence. [...]

The procedure had inadequate controls.

However, even perfectly functioning scales can give erroneous readings. There is simply not enough in your procedure to convince a scientist that known facts should be abandoned, especially given Mr Leedskalnin's faulty claims and ignorance of basic real effects.

So why is Div[B]=0 a fact? Div[B]=0 means there are no magnetic monopoles. As a result of this fact the speed of light is constant in a vacuum for all observers. If monopoles existed, then Div[B] would not equal zero and the speed of light would depend on frequency, which it doesn't. Mr Leedskalnin's claim is not in agreement with observed fact.

[...]

That claim is not true. Modern physics would say that the welding rods could acquire part of the Earth's magnetic field after being dis- connected. If you are going to criticize modern physics, then at least get the position right. Otherwise you'll just be criticizing your fantasy and not science.

No, it shows that Mr Leedskalnin doesn't understand basic science.

J J Thompson did not invent the electron. The electron was basically described by ancient Greeks. The particle nature of the electron was not understood until Milikan. All Thompson did, was establish that the electron was charged negatively. He did do other experi- ments to understand the nature of electricity, but they are all consistent with science and not Mr Leedskalnin.

He proved he has no clue.

The atoms. Of electrons are magnetic monopoles, then why do atoms exhibit Zeeman-splitting in their spectra? The proof that there are no magnetic monopoles are endless. Remember Div[B]=0 and the speed of light in a vacuum is *not* frequency dependent.

[...]

No. A proton is three quarks. A neutron is three quarks. A meson is two quarks. Besides, the idea that a neutron with a north monopole on it would give results contradictory to the Stern- Gerlach experiment.

No. A photon is not magnetic, otherwise a light beam could be attracted by a magnet, the way a small stream of water can be attracted by a charged balloon.

Don't try to match Mr Leedskalnin's idea to real science. He was an idiot.

Definitely not.

I agree. So it's important that we let Mr Leedskalnin's silly ideas die as they should.

[...]

That explains a lot: 4th grade education. I knew preachers like that once. They quoted things from the Bible that weren't there. So it doesn't surprise me that Mr Leedskalnin was waaaaayyyyy off- base.

Well, I'll mention that Mr Leedskalnin is wrong. [smile]

I went to Coral Castle once. I should have gone to Monkey Jungle.

Who says that scientists haven't figured it out? The only ones that haven't figured it out are those that don't pay attention to science.

[...]
Reply to
The TimeLord

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 01:46:15 -0800, "Dagelf" wrote in :

Yes, it's BS.

With a MasterCard - just kidding. It has to french-kiss the light socket. [smile]

Reply to
The TimeLord

Dear Dagelf:

Electrostatic lifters are all the rage. But are very limited in range. If we had a higher air pressure they might go tens of feet... Yes, it is BS.

You can place a static charge on anything. It won't stay for very long.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Everyone here knows that electricity is made of smoke. If you let the smoke out of an electrical device, it will stop working.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

LOL :)

Reply to
Spaceman

dear poster: please tell us what current meter in the battery charger read to the best of you recollection.

please also specify the approximate voltage: 6, 12, 24, other.

also: what quantity of alcoholic beverages were consumed prior and after the experiment?

Reply to
TimPerry

just answer this he said monopoles are emitted from magnets and said electrons are nothing but a monopoles electron has a mass and need energy to be accelerated ( our science says) so from where does a magnet provide energy to its monopole to move from north to south (as he said monoploe is understood by us as electron)?

so it should be massless some times and some times it become particle as in the case of battery? we can have infinte energy by applying his theory! LOL he is a confused person and mixing the ideas of fields and particles....

Reply to
Ali

just answer this he said monopoles are emitted from magnets and said electrons are nothing but a monopoles electron has a mass and need energy to be accelerated ( our science says) so from where does a magnet provide energy to its monopole to move from north to south (as he said monoploe is understood by us as electron)?

so it should be massless some times and some times it become particle as in the case of battery? we can have infinte energy by applying his theory! LOL he is a confused person and mixed the ideas of fields and particles....

Reply to
Ali

just answer this he said monopoles are emitted from magnets and said electrons are nothing but a monopoles electron has a mass and need energy to be accelerated ( our science says) so from where does a magnet provide energy to its monopole to move from north to south (as he said monoploe is understood by us as electron)?

so it should be massless some times and some times it become particle as in the case of battery? we can have infinte energy by applying his theory! LOL he is a confused person and mixing the ideas of fields and particles....

Reply to
Ali

Electricity is made the same way as boys. That includes puppy dog tails.

Modern approaches to understanding of electricity are based on being able to describe and predict behavior of electricity. To be taken seriously, any explanation on what electricity is made from requires experimental observation that shows that your hare-brained hypothesis is more likely than someone else's. Where is that proof?

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I sealed the openings of an electrical device and pumped smoke back into it. It still didn't work. Maybe it was the wrong kind of smoke. Do you know where I can get the right kind of smoke?

Reply to
Don Kelly

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:34:51 -0800, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in posted in alt.sci.physics.new-theories:

ROTFLOL!! Great! Reminds me of when we used to use higher amp fuses as "short detectors".

Reply to
The TimeLord

You are really behind times!! It has been proved that electricity is made up of dark suckers.

There are hundreds of web pages explaining this theory:

Rich256