desperately seeking fluorescent material

Hi,

I am in need of a small quantity of a fluorescent paint/pigment/dye that absorbs somewhere in the red (660nm would be nice!) and emits in the near infrared (perhaps around 800nm).

Questions I have two... (i) Does anyone know of a candidate material? and (ii) Does anyone know of a supplier for this type of material?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ben Mitch

Reply to
stupidkid

Some of the near IR laser dyes would probably do that. With the decline in use of dye lasers there are less suppliers around, but Exciton are still there. Say LDS821, the pump wavelength at 660 is a bit long but it has been pumped at 647nm.

They are normally used in solution, but can be doped into polymers.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey

Check out

Also look at

if you're prepared to spend a fortune on minute quantities of the dye.

Johannes

Reply to
Johannes Swartling

Exciton laser dyes will do what you want from a spectral point of view

You didn't mention your application -- laser dyes tend to be a bit fragile...

(Not in any way affiliated with Exciton except as a customer.)

Reply to
I. B. Curious

chromium/neodymium doped GSGG absorbs at 660, but it emits at 1060.

Mark Folsom

Reply to
Mark Folsom

Some of the Schott RG series filters seem to fluoresce in the NIR. I don't recall exact wavelengths, but I have had some grief in the past in NVG applications.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Hull

Yes, longpass doped-glass filters tend to fluoresce about 200 nm past their cutoff wavelength, IIRC. They are sometimes sold as fluorescence standards.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

For a dye, try Nile Blue A (peak excitation around 640nm, peak emission around 700nm).

For solid state, try ruby dust.

Reply to
art